'Till the explosion

A/N: Hi, there is the name of the song further in the chapter and it would be great if you turned it on just as you see it. It's not a must but would help the atmosphere. Thank you, enjoy🙃

I didn't see how it happened.

I heard myself exclaiming something illegible the very moment when everything turned into one complete and irreversible mess, dragging me down with it by the insane rhythm of my heart beating. Space around us filled with the muffled sounds of uncontrollable anger and unsuccessful attempts to calm it down. The picture in front of me became uneven and smeared, leaving me no understanding of what and why was actually occurring. Perhaps, it was just the sign of my absolute numbness at that moment, and no explanation would've helped.

I think I didn't even have time to realize it because of how fast it all happened. One minute Marshall was sitting on the couch next to me and another minute he was already near Prince, punching him in the face ruthlessly. Prince had no time to react so caught off guard, all he could do was pathetically accept his moment of destiny and let out some curses before the security stepped in to part the fighters. Or to be exact, drag Marshall away from Prince to avoid further damage for both of them.

To say I was shocked must have been a huge understatement.

I'd never seen Marshall being so in rage before. Whatever bursts of anger he could have from time to time was nothing compared to the sight I witnessed. The attitude and the words that Prince pronounced made him a wholly different man, and even in a moment, seeing him breathing unsteadily after the bodyguards separated the two, I wasn't sure I knew how to feel about it. Trick-Trick and his peers seemed to be appalled too, giving orders to the security, and it felt like my head was about to spin. Prince's nose must've been broken as it was bleeding rapidly and his eye was getting swollen too, but that was all I could distinguish in the state of mine.

'I've told you to shut your motherfucking mouth!'

Marshall hissed through the greeted teeth, getting out of Steve's grip abruptly and eyeing Prince with the genuine hate in the glance of his sparkling eyes as the security finally parted him with Prince. The emotion he spilled in the punch should've been not a bad cooler for his mind as I saw the anger starting to fade in the lines of his face. Watching it from the side in a torpor, I was begging for the scene to end already.

But unluckily Prince still had something to say.

'You wish hitting me in the face was about to help' Prince let out a despised chortle, wiping the burgundy blood from his mouth and chin with the back of his hand, spreading it all over his face with an unskillful movement. I knew it wasn't the end, he surely had a lot on his mind. And I was proved right when his cunning, almost predatory eyes found me once again with a despicable spark to them:

'I know she ain't your girl. She hasn't even been to your bed. Right?'

He mocked mercilessly, making my stomach twist. I had no idea why it was all happening in the first place.

'You know why?' Prince raised his eyebrow questionably, needing no actual answer for that. I was sick, I was sick with hearing him speak.

'Cause she knows you won't treat her the way she needs to be treated'.

He licked his lips smugly, sending me one of those "you know what I mean" glances, and I had to swallow a lump in my throat, turning my head to Marshall as in a search for any kind of protection. A shiver of fear ran through my body unapologetically, but Marshall didn't plan to stay still anyway.

'I see that punch wasn't enough for an asshole like you' he threw the phrase in contempt, trying to get to Prince again with a new wave of emotion burning in his glance but was immediately stopped by Trick-Trick getting in between the two of them, a serious decisive expression on his face.