Breakfast at yours

I'd always thought that the signs of destiny, or whatever mystical things that people liked to believe in, were nothing more than foolish fiction. However, waking up that day in my hotel room and laying on the bed replaying all the events of the previous night, I found myself being not so sure anymore.

Like, come on, just think about it. What else than a sign of a fucking destiny could be the cover of the magazine Diana'd given me the day Jeff told me about Eminem's deal? And what about Trevor breaking his leg exactly that day? Trevor was supposed to go for this project and Diana wasn't supposed to predict my current situation with her jokes. But, as crazy as it sounded, all of it led to the fact that I appeared to be kissing Marshall Mathers in the hallway of one of the biggest hotels in New York and more than enjoying it. Fuck, it all really happened, didn't it?

I laid on my back, looking up at the ceiling and sinking deep in the comfy soft sheets of the bed, enjoying the morning sun creeping through the curtains of the room to wake me up. But there was no need. Recalling the last events of the night, I'd been wide awake since the early morning and couldn't force myself to get any more sleep. What a pleasurable torture sometimes it is to replay in your head some of the moments again and again. Getting to the favorite one, I touched my lips with my fingers almost mindlessly. Just the way it was in the dark blue hallway.

After that explosive mind-blowing kiss we'd shared, both of us found each other standing silently with a complete lack of understanding of how something like that could've happened.

It seemed like I'd seen it happening between us on the basketball court. That was the first time I'd spotted a playful spark in his glance that didn't mean anything in particular but surely had excluded the possibility of us hating each other. Thinking about it, I could see things leading to us being closer and closer. And still, the kiss that happened in that hallway caught me off guard with no explanation for further consequences.

Marshall's eyes were looking at me sparkling with passion and desire as his breath was just as heavy and unsteady as mine. For the moment, I had an urge to kiss him again and let his touch explore me just like he'd done only a minute earlier. But my senses came back to me quickly, reminding us of the dangerous reality we'd put ourselves into. We heard an elevator click, someone exiting it and disappearing around the corner. The silence between us was ruined.

'So now I know' he pronounced quietly, standing not far away from me, features slowly coming back to normal but there was no usual scowl. I couldn't reach the sense of his words right after he'd said that because somehow everything seemed different. Just some short period back we'd been so far away and now I was standing in front of Marshall with the taste of his lips on mine. Crazy?

'What do you mean?' I felt dumb for a second but couldn't help numbness getting ahold of me. After all, when you dream about something for so long, sometimes it's hard to believe it happening.

'Now I know that you don't give a fuck about that guy' the way he said it was blunt but the main note in his tone was just a little bit smug as if he won an important game everyone had doubted him in. The raw truth of the sentence making me wince.

'It seems like all you needed was just to prove it' I told him just the way I felt that. I didn't know what was bothering me more: his tone or the fact that I worked for him and something like that happened. Jeff's face suddenly appeared in my mind with a judgmental expression. What would've he said about it all? Probably, "unprofessional".

'Is that what you think it is?' Marshall asked with his eyebrows furrowed. Maybe, I was wrong with saying that but I was still under the influence of the moment. Confused, lost, and scared. I wanted more but I didn't know exactly what "more" meant. And maybe, that night had already had too many things happened to let me find out.