Mariah

You're a mom and pop, I'm a corporation
I'm the press conference, you a conversation.

And why you're so obsessed with me?

'Em, dawg, you can't deny that it's kinda funny' Denaun was giggling mercilessly, covering his mouth with his hand and trying to suppress a burst of laughter at Marshall's cold stare in response to it. I couldn't hold back a chuckle myself no matter how hard I was trying to.

'Yeah, man, you looked damn right in that video. Did she pay you to shoot some scenes in your room?' Fifty smirked deliciously, adding some fuel to the fire in a habitual manner of his.

It's been about an hour after we'd heard the big news in my hotel room and now all of us were sitting in Fifty's master suite, watching "Obsessed" video on a huge TV screen. From the side, we could've probably be mistaken for some political convention that was supposed to discuss important international issues. And that day, Mariah Carey was on the agenda.

'Oh, fuck off' Marshall snorted annoyed and I noted for myself how fast his mood changed that morning when he heard the news. After a moment of surprise and lack of understanding, he went from partially irritated to very angry real quick. "Mariah? Who the fuck she thinks she is?" were the only words he pronounced after Royce's announcement, then stormed out of the room with no caution, and a half an hour later hotel staff told me to go to Fifty's suite.

So, there I was sitting near Denaun on the sofa, Marshall a little too far from me, the whole situation somehow feeling a little ridiculous.

'Oh come on, Em, that was a nice parody. Mariah has bars. That shit with corporation and conversation. Did you hear it?' Royce winked teasingly, grinning smugly. He was the first one to find out the news and now was enjoying the smoke a little more than all of us. I wondered if he was expecting exactly the same reaction he managed to get and if yes, then he should've made some big bets.

'I'll show that bitch bars' Marshall hissed through greeted teeth, turning his expression into a scowl. Anger still prominent on his features but slowly being replaced by thoughtfulness. I had an urge to touch him in some way to express my support but it wasn't the best time to deal with whatever was happening between us. Right?

'Why did she do that, though?' Tiana, who was standing next to Fifty the whole time, asked curiously, mirroring my own thoughts. I surely heard and read a lot of things about Eminem's relationship with Mariah but I obviously didn't know a lot too. It's a well-known thing that the most interesting details are usually kept behind closed doors.

'Oh she's salty 'cause I mentioned her on the album. I bet she's a fan of "Bagpipes from Baghdad"' Marshall let himself a sarcastic smirk, this time something devilish appearing along with it. I liked something in that sight, even though it could feel a bit intimidating.

'So, what are you going to do? Just leave it or make the response?' Denaun asked simply, finding some fruits on the table of Fifty's suite. I thought of the possibility of him taking breaks from putting something in his mouth and couldn't imagine it properly.

'Nobody is doing nothing today. We still have some plans before you leave' Fifty answered in a fake parental tone. 'Em can destroy her tomorrow. Let the bitch enjoy some good time before that because soon she won't have any' he chuckled in a signature smile, Tiana showing his shoulder playfully.

'Nah, sorry man, change of plans. Mariah wants some of my attention, so I'm gonna give it to her' Marshall stood up, talking to Fifty, the sign of made decision playing in the form of an evil grin on his face. Well, looked like "the bitch" wouldn't have had any good time.