Shoes Rack

For the week and a half that Emma was staying with Regina, everything was going well.

Regina would prepare ready-to-eat meals for Emma before she head off to work. The blonde would rest throughout the day until Ruby brought her the assignments she missed from class on her breaks. Then Regina would come home, and the two would cuddle on the couch telling stories to the four buns in the oven until the Latina said it was time for Emma to eat and rest.

But then, the week and a half was over and everything wasn't so great anymore.

Regina was getting snappier towards Emma about how dishes were being left on the table and clothes in the middle of the floor.

The professor had came home and tripped over one of Emma's shoes, "Jesus Emma the shoes rack is right there! How hard is it to put your shoes on it?"

"Shit, I'm sorry. It's just hard for me to bend right now, so I just end up taking off my shoes and leaving them there."

"It's whatever Emma," Regina said running her hands through her hair. "I'm gonna go shower."

While the professor went upstairs into the bathroom, Emma began to pick up around the living room as best she could with her almost 5 month belly.

She was halfway done with the room when her girlfriend came back down, her wet hair placed into a low ponytail.

Regina placed her hand on Emma's back as she bent down to grab a pen, "You don't have to do that."

"Yes I do, it's your place. I'm just staying in it." The blonde said.

"That doesn't matter. You're carrying my children so I'm sure their stubborn and rude as hell to your body. I'll finish up here."

"Rude is an understatement," the blonde joked as she fell back onto the couch.

The brunette grabbed a throw pillow and hit Emma on the arm with it, "Hahaha. I know I haven't been the brightest ball of sunshine and that's not your fault. Mal- I mean Ms. Cent has been annoying me lately, so I've been taking it out on you. I sincerely apologize for that Emma."

"It's fine. I'm used to it," she mumbled while playing with her fingers.

"What do you mean?"

"It doesn't matter," the blond said picking up a remote to turn on the tv.

The Latina placed a hand on her arm, "if it hurts you, it matters- at least it matters to me."

They met each other's eyes. Regina gave a small smile in hopes of providing the blond a sense of comfort. Emma bit her lip softly as if contemplating opening up to the brunette.

She took a deep breath, "it's nothing really just foster child Emma being a punching bag for everyone else's problems whether work or relationship related."

"Emma, I'm s-" Regina started only to be cut off by the blonde exclaiming "what's for dinner??"

The brunette gave a sad smile as she explained that she'll be making a grilled chicken salad. She began to wonder how to make her partner feel more comfortable with her to open up and share her thoughts and feeling.

Hey, I know I suck monkey balls. It's just prom was the Saturday that passed and now graduation is this Saturday and yea😅 Can y'all forgive me?🥺