Battle Grounds

Hearing a crash, Y/N turned around to see Noel standing there, broken glasses at his feet, absolutely fuming

Hearing a crash, Y/N turned around to see Noel standing there, broken glasses at his feet, absolutely fuming. Almost frozen in anger, Noel can only manage the words, "Get your vile fucking hands off of her."

With an unwarranted confidence, Ben looks up from Y/N, removes his sweaty hand, and saunters over to Noel saying "Noel, is that you? It's been so long! This is a complete mis—" before he could even finish his sentence, Noel lands a square punch knocking him to the floor. The small crowd that had gathered around the scene gasped as he slumped on the floor.

Fucking Bastard.

Now that Ben is squared away, Noel can focus his attention on Y/N. He walks over to the coach. Y/N, still in shock, has her mouth agape, eyes unmoving from Ben. Seeing as her boyfriend just left a man whimpering on the floor, this is understandable. In a calm, steady voice, Noel says "Y/N, come with me. NOW." Y/N rose, but it felt automated and without much thought. Her eyes stayed unmoving from Ben and still in shock from the scene she had just witnessed. After grabbing Y/N's hand and pulling her through the party to the second floor and into one of the many empty bedrooms, Noel finally seems to relax. After some pacing and deep breaths, he began:

"Jesus Y/N, I am so sorry I think I blacked out cause I was so mad

"Jesus Y/N, I am so sorry I think I blacked out cause I was so mad. Not at you! Not at you," still pacing back and forth trying to catch his breath, he continues "Christ he hasn't changed a bit! Still as much of a scum bag now as he was then."

Y/N is still silent, Sitting on the edge of the bed. Then, "Well, at least he's consistent." This was Y/N's half hearted attempt to bring levity to the situation, but it seemed to fall on deaf ears.

Noel seeing the glazed look in Y/N's eyes, walked over to her, dropped to his knees and began saying: "Y/N, listen, I hope you realize that wasn't me. I—I mean I guess it was, but—you know what I mean." He gets up and continues pacing, still riding the adrenaline rush from earlier. "I want you to know, that hasn't happened in years. I was afraid he would bring something like this out of me." Noel stopped pacing. He stared at Y/N's blank expression for what felt like an eternity. Walking over to sit next to Y/N on the bed, he knew he royally fucked up. With an exhausted sigh, he rested his elbows on his knees and stared at the Persian rug on the floor. A few moments passed without a word.

"I get that you're mad, but I've never seen you resort to violence." Regaining some of her wits, Y/N began to slowly rise from the bed while turning to face Noel. An expression that was a mixture of confusion and frustration contorted her face. "You've been acting weird all night! You walked me in with your arm around my waist, you watched me like a hawk when I was talking to my colleagues, and now this? What's going on?" Now fully standing, Y/N made her way to the middle of the room.

"Y/N, I—" not letting Noel finish, Y/N continued.

"I could feel something was off from the MOMENT you mentioned Ben." Now raising her voice Noel removed his gaze from the carpet to look at Y/N. She never yelled, so Noel knew she was seriously mad. "But I didn't pry! Because YOU always tell me to let sleeping dogs lie. Well GUESS WHAT. IM WAKING UP THE FUCKING DOG, AND YOU ARE GOING TO TELL ME WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED!"

With tears welling up in her eyes, she was suddenly grateful for the loud club music being blasted downstairs. Even though she was yelling, the likelihood of someone hearing her was slim to none. "I was so scared Noel..." Their voice cracking made Noel's heart break, and he finally gave in.

"Alright." Noel knew he wasn't going to win this battle. "I'll tell you. But will you come sit back down?" Gesturing to the bed.

"I don't think I can sit right now. I'm too angry." Y/N's arms were cross over her chest, with her weight resting on one leg. She was giving no signs of moving any time soon.

Quietly sighing, Noel continued. "Fine. You know that I knew him from my partying days, well I knew him better than I let on. He was my best friend." The painful memories were difficult to bring up, but he knew that these were the memories Y/N needed to hear. "We were super close. We even lived together at one point! When it happened, I couldn't believe it was him, I was so mad I tore the apartment up, changed the lock on the door so he couldn't get—"

Cutting Noel off and moving closer to the bed, Y/N said, "When what happened? What did he do?"

Noel, looking away from Y/N and turning his attention back to the patterns in the carpet, "He slept with my ex-girlfriend. While we were dating. For 2 months." His voice was monotone and quiet. "She's in the past, but at the time I truly loved her Y/N. She was going to be my forever."

Y/N could almost hear the heartbreak in his voice. "Noel...I'm so sorry..." Y/N was no stranger to heart break. She was always the second option, the stepping stone. She was used and loved then discarded when no longer useful. So this story was easy to relate to. Walking over to Noel, She started thinking of all the things she could say to make him feel better. Taking his chin in her hand, Y/N tilted his head back to meet their eyes. Thats when she realize he had been crying .

"Y/N...that was so scary. I though he was going to take my second chance away..."

Wiping his tears away, she replied, "Second chance at what Noel..?" Y/N was hoping for a particular answer. An answer She was about to get.

Standing up with out breaking eye contact, Noel takes Y/N's face into his hands. "Forever."

 Sorry super short chapter!!! But the next one is already up, it just made sense in my head to split it up this way teehee <3