Chapter 2 ♡Encounter♡

Time skip: Few weeks later...

Awase's POV

No no no no please don't tell me I'm falling for...Yaoyorozu!! We still barely know each other and now I'm crushing on her?!?!

I kept pacing around my dorm room as I kept talking in my own thoughts. After the incident at camp, our teachers decided to have both Class 1-A and Class 1-B to have dorms for our safety.

Not only has that happened, but even I can't stop thinking about Yaoyorozu.

She's so amazing and beautiful, smart and funny, sweet and kind and I'm just this guy who is literally below all those amazing things.

Honestly, when it comes to having a crush on someone, it's weird of me to have crushes on girls who are WAY out of my league. They're mostly one of those popular, pretty or smart students...and Yaoyorozu is literally like them but all in one.

But I can't easily expect her being my soulmate. That's how stupid I was back in middle school, whenever I have a crush, I instantly think or get the idea that both of us would be together but that isn't really much of a thing now.

A knock was soon heard from my door, "Hey Awase, let's go!! We're gonna be late for school." Kendo said throught the door.

"I'll be right out!" I said.

I grabbed my bag and made sure I had everything before leaving the dorms with my classmates.

Once we arrived at school, I decided to get my books first before heading to the classroom. I soon opened my locker door and grabbed my books for the first two periods. While grabbing them, the red string soon appeared again.

I looked at it and saw the red string flowing in the air as it was tied on my pinky finger, leading to a direction on where my soulmate is. I wasn't quite sure if I would want to follow it but it's been a while since I've seen the string around my finger for a long time.

Maybe I should follow it..

I quickly grabbed my books and placed them in my bag and closed my locker door.

I soon followed the string, trying to also not to look weird or strange around others since a lot of people can look weird whenever they're following their string. Honestly, I was hoping that the string wouldn't lead me to a very far place.

I continued to follow the red string, trying to avoid hitting or even bumping into anyone that was in the halls. But...I spoke too soon.

My eyes were completely stuck on the string that I already bumped into someone right in front of me.

"I-I'M SO SORRY--" I apologized to them and soon met their eyes. I was completely shocked and now extremely nervous on who was right in front of me. Momo Yaoyorozu.

"I-It's alright, I wasn't looking on where I was going." She nervously chuckled.

"D-Don't be..It was me who I was so lost in thought." I blushed.

The string disappeared and I mentally sighed, hoping that maybe it will appear again.

"It's been a while since we've seen each other, Awase." Yaoyorozu smiled.

"It really has. How are you?" I asked, rubbing the back of my neck.

"I've been good actually. After everything that has happened, I've been pretty well. How about you?" She asked.

"O-Oh..well..not that much has happened to me honestly. Just some normal stuff as usual like studying and umm.."

"Following your string?" She teased.

I blushed in embarrassment, "Y-Yeah...sorry..was I that obvious?"

"Kind of" Yaoyorozu giggled.

I looked away shyly. Geez, I'm terrible at these things.

(Random Author: You sure are UwU
Awase: Who are you?
Random Author: Your conscience....???????
Awase: .....okay then...
Random Author: Anyways...BACK TO THE STORYYYYY)

"Hey ummm..Yaoyorzu..??" 

"Hm?"

"Umm...I-I...uhh.."

She tilted her head, curious on what I'm about to say. Honestly, I don't even what I'm supposed to say.

"U-Um..I just want to say that....I'm glad you're alright..and that you're still here." I smiled shyly, blushing like crazy.

Yaoyorozu's eyes widened in surprise and soon smiled softly, "I wouldn't be here without you honestly, so I'm glad you were there to be my hero and save me."

I looked at her with wide eyes as I was a blushing mess.

"I was just doing what anyone would do honestly."

"But I still appreciated a lot, I haven't even gave nor show my thanks to you yet." She said with sorrow eyes.

"You don't have to. I'm already happy to see you anyways." I smiled.

"Well maybe--"

"Hey, Yaoyorozu." Todoroki waved at her as he walking towards us.

Oh yeah....it's this dude.

"Good morning, Todoroki!! Remember Awase? The one who saved me at camp few weeks ago??" Yaoyorozu asked him.

I nervously waved at him.

"Yeah I do, it's nice to meet you Awase." Todoroki let out a small smile.

All I could do was just smile nervously since I know how close he and Yaoyorzu are, even some students ship them together.

"I-I should probably go now, see you two later." I waved at them before walking past by them and walking to my classroom.

My heart was aching so much whenever he and Yaoyorozu are together.

I took a small glimpse at them both and saw them talking to each other while laughing. I felt like a million knives just instantly stabbed my heart and I wanted to just tear up, but we're here to become Pro Heroes...not find love nor just find your soulmate.

It's not like she and I will be soulmates anyways.