Chapter 4 ♡Necklace♡

Awase's POV

"Looks like someone was talking to his girlfriend~" Rin smirked at me.

"Huh?" I raised a brow.

"Don't act so innocent, Awase." Kosei teased.

I tried to understand what they were saying until I realized what they meant.

I facepalmed, "She and I are just acquaintances, we're not even near to what you guys are saying."

"Relax dude, we're just teasing you." Fukidashi laughed.

"I should've never told you guys that I like Yaoyorozu. It's stupid of me to have a crush on a student who is literally like our 'rival', especially because Monoma hates them."

"Don't worry Awase, if Monoma does find out, we can always get Kendo to whack him in the head." Sen laughed.

We all burst into laughter.

I couldn't help but replay the moment I had with Yaoyorozu. I can't just say she and I are going on a date cause that would be weird, it's only just her way in thanking me. But the thought of her is now tempting me to just look back and see her beautiful face. It sounds weird of me to do but I just can't help it.

I slowly look back behind me and noticed that she looked back.

My face flushed red as I immediately turned back and just continued to walk. My friends noticed my face heating up and they just laughed at me.

"You also gotta stop being super obvious." Fukidashi snickered.

Yeah he's right, I should really stop being super obvious.

Time skip...

          Once school was over, it was time for everyone to head home while we all head to our dorms. I finished the few homework we have before I prepared myself. I just wore some casual clothes which weren't any too special, just some simple clothing.

I went downstairs and placed my shoes on as Kendo asked me from behind, "You going somewhere, Awase?"

"Just gonna hang out with someone for a bit." I answered.

"Oooo~ like a date????~" She asked excitedly.

I rolled my eyes, "It's not a date, Kendo."

"Hmmm, you never know Awase~" She smirked.

"Welp, I'm gonna go now. See ya guys." I waved as I stood up.

"Enjoy your date!!" Kendo smiled.

"It's not a date!!" I yelled out.

"Awase's going on a date?!" Tetsutetsu asked who came out of nowhere.

I facepalmed and just sighed in frustration, "No I'm not and I'm leaving now. Bye guys."

I got out of the dorms and walked.

Again...I have weird classmates...very weird.

I continued to walk, wondering if I'm supposed to wait for Yaoyorozu or not. I mean if you think about it...I kinda get nervous if I'm seen waiting for someone outside of Class 1-A's dorms. I continued to walk straight to their dorms and found Yaoyorozu outside.

Oh thank goodness!!

"Awase!!" She smiled at me.

I felt a billion butterflies fluttering at the sight of her. My face was slightly pink and I can tell I was more than just nervous for this simple hang out.

"Hey, Yaoyorozu!!" I smiled shyly and waved at her.

"You ready to go?"

"Yeah, let's go." 

We both walked together. She and I didn't really had anything to talk about since we both just interacted. As we were walking, awkward silence has filled between us despite the city noises we can hear around us.

We were passing by a few shops and I noticed that Yaoyorzu stopped in her tracks, her expression was in awe as her gaze was on something.

I walked to her side and noticed that we were in front of a jewelry store. She was looking at a silver rose-gold necklace which had a small heart on it. 

(This is the necklace UwU)

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" She asked, having a small smile on her face.

I chuckled, "It really does. I guess these stores are getting themselves in for Valentine's Day."

She just kept her eyes on the beautiful jewelry and I can tell how much she admired it, I just wish Yaoyorozu knows that she's way more beautiful than that necklace, but it would look good on her.

And that just gave me an idea..

"Come on, let's get going. Sorry if I got myself a bit distracted." Yaoyorozu nervously chuckled.

 "It's alright, if I was a girl then I would do the same thing."

We both laughed.

"Speaking of which, got anyone in mind on who you want to have as your date next week?" I asked.

"Yeah but umm...I don't think he would accept the offer." She hung her head down.

"Really?? Why??"

"He really doesn't have any feelings for anyone right now. His goal in becoming a Pro Hero is really something he puts first rather than romance. Plus, he wouldn't feel the same way as I do. I don't even know if he and I are soulmates." Yaoyorozu said as she sighed.

"Oh..."

I kinda felt bad...I want to be the one to make her smile and take this as a chance to be closer to her, but the fact that the one she loves doesn't have any interest in anything romantic nor have any feelings for someone kind of affects me a bit.

"I'm sure he that even if he has no feelings for anyone, I'm sure he know your worth in his life. Whoever that guy is that you liked, must be lucky to have you like him in that way." I let out a sad smile.

"How about you? Anyone on your mind for the dance next week?" She asked in curiosity.

"M-Maybe...but she already likes someone else so I don't think I should interfere with that." I nervously chuckled, trying to hide the sadness I'm feeling.

"Oh..it's too bad for them not being able to see how amazing you are for them to like you." She smiled.

"It's fine, I can always just go alone and just be there for anyone in case they need emotinal support." I chuckled.

Yaoyorozu giggled.

So cute.