The Past

After hours of nostalgia, tears and tireless magical blasting I managed to clear away some of the plants that took over my fort. Fort Zam'Luna survived attacks from hundreds of armies, Gryphons, Minotaurs, even dragons. None managed to get close to the fort and somehow the forest managed to get around the runes and protection spells and take over my beautiful castle. Deciding to take a break I walked through the corridors examining every brick as I went. Then I found it. The room where I last saw my friends Xyzen and B. Mac. Before my exile I stopped by the fort and said my goodbyes. I don't even know if they are still alive. Did they look for me? Did they die? Were they killed? Did they abandoned the fort? In my blind rage and quest for vengeance I didn't think about them. I never spoke of them, never even remembered they existed until now. Dropping to the ground I began to cry remember all of my adventures with them. All of our battles, all of our sieges, all of our hobbies, everything down to our first meeting.

Flashback 8,000 years ago

General: Jinx Zam'Luna, Xyzen (Zai-zen), B. Mac! You are team ∆! Move it!

It was my third year in the Equestrian Marines and I was assigned my team. Teleporting over to the two we introduced ourselves. Xyzen was a pegasus stallion with a dark grey mane, light grey fur, and eyes somewhere between red and orange. Mac was a small earth pony with muscles like a minotaur. His fur was a dark blue and his mane was orange. Xyzen's mark was a mask and B. Mac's was a wrestling mask. We became best friends immediately. Priest was not very talkative but was never rude, and while Mac had a big mouth he was relatively sweet for a stallion. Mac had the strength to shatter steel and Xyzen had the speed to catch light and even once created a shockwave that that shook every nation around the world. Matter of fact at his top speed he generates winds that have ripped entire forests out of the ground. My arcane abilities are stronger than most unicorns in the Schools of magic, as I refer to them. The Schools of Magic/Magical Academies are for talented unicorns who can cast high level spells. Not many of them have the skills for the military. Funnily enough the low level Unicorns do better in combat rather than Spell Casting. They are trained until up to arcane standards and then given their Spear. It could be that I just think I'm powerful but whatever. The three of us were unbeatable. Here's a fun story. Around two years after our union we were sent to fight off a Zompony Hive by Celestia herself. We were walking through the Everfree on our way to said hive when I had a dumb idea.

Jinx: Hey Xy, can you act as bait?

Xyzen: What?

Jinx: I have a plan. Xy, you fly around in the hive and just draw attention. Lead the Zombos outside where I'll create a funnelish wall thing forcing them down a corridor. Mac will be at the end using a sliding wall to push back the hoard and I'll use my magic to blast em!

Mac: No.

Xyzen: Don't know that I'll be able to do that.

Jinx: Oh well. How about plan B?

Mac: Plan B?

Jinx: We just rush in and start hackin and slashin!

Xyzen: Yes. I can do that.

Mac: Alrighty then. Let's get this over with.

Soon the hive, an abandoned diamond dog mine, came into view. I immediately rushed forward with my spears and swords floating around me. Mac rushed forward glowing blue. Xy used his wings to pick up speed. Blades came out of his gauntlets as he flew. My blades rotated around me while spinning. Xy reached the zombies before us using his blades to tear them up. Mac came in second launching himself into the hoard punching and kicking through the zomponies using them to kill each other. Last I rushed in slashing and stabbing tearing them to shreds. Casting some spells and laying down elemental runes. We continued our attack for many hours and were overwhelmed. There were too many zomponies for only one team to handle. Rather than try to fight them we ran.