5; Second Date

I walked back to my hotel room, and noticed a bouquet on the floor, with a card under it. I picked up the flowers, and took a sniff. Amazing, these have the single best scent I've ever smelled. I opened the card, and looked it over.

Dear Y/n,

        Despite Sakura showing up, I had a great time today. I was hoping we can meet again, maybe? I'll be waiting at the fountain again from 11:00 to about 1:00-ish. If you want to see me again, then see you tomorrow. If not, then I'm sorry to take up your time. Have a good night.

                                                   -From Ino.

I walked into my room, and set the note on my dresser. I went out and bought a vase, and put the flowers in it. I'm definitely going to meet up with Ino again.

_________________________________________

I arrived at the water fountain, and saw Ino standing there. She noticed me, and her face lit up, causing me to feel happy by extension.

"Hi Y/n! I'm really glad you showed up! So uh, are we going on a second date, or did you just want to turn me down in person?"

"I'm here for that date. Where are we going?"

"Well, since you're coming along, we are going to buy you a pair of swim trunks!"

"Eh, why?"

"Because I got my parents to get a room for us at the hot springs! Oh! B-but n-not like that of course!"

"Well, if they're paying for two people, then two people are staying there."

We got my swim trunks, and arrived at the hotsprings. I changed and sat down in the warm water, relaxing in peace, while Shukaku was having a mental breakdown.

"Sorry Y/n. You didn't wait too long, right?"

I turned and felt my face warm up a little bit in embarrassment.

"Not at all. Hop on in."

She sat down across from me, and her long hair was floating around her. I snickered a little, and she looked confused.

"What is it?"

"Well, your hair looks like ramen!"

I bursted out laughing, and she snickered a little as well when she saw it. After a minute my laughing got to her, and we were both laughing hysterically.
_________________________________________

We got out of the spring, and I was sitting on my bed with a pair of shorts and a t-shirt with a lobster on it. Ino walked out of the bathroom, and I gotta say, she looks better with her hair down.

I also noticed that she smells a ton like the flowers she sent me. Matter of fact, she smells exactly like the flowers. She sat on her bed, across from me, and smiled at me.

"Today was great. I'm glad we have two more days to be exactly like this."

"Me too. Your parents are really awesome to do this."

She grinned and pointed her thumb at herself.

"Yup! My parents are the best in the leaf!"

"It wouldn't exactly surprise me. Especially with you as their daughter."

Ino pushed her hair behind her ear, and looked at the floor.

"You give me too much credit. I was just as bad as Sakura a month ago, if not worse. Tieing with her in the chunin exams really opened my eyes."

"Well, people can always change. Especially for the better."

She smiled, and I sat next to her, and put my arm over her shoulder. We sat like that for a minute, before I resolved myself.

"Hey Ino?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you want to be my girlfriend? We don't have to be all lovey dovey, hell we probably don't even love each other yet, but I want to give it a chance at least. That way we can find out if we do like each other, and if not, it's not like we're married."

She set her head on my shoulder, and looked up at me.

"Sure. That sounds good to me. So, is it starting like right now?"

"Yeah."

"That's a relief."

She kissed me on the cheek, and sat up, stretching her arms.

"I would've done that anyway, this just keeps it from being awkward. Good night, Y/n."

"Good night, Ino."

I lay down in my bed, and Ino in hers. I turned off the light, and we both fell asleep.