Soft

Brittany's soft touch bloomed flowers across her skin, warmth and goosebumps trailing up her arm.

Moments like these, Santana loved most.

Moments when she and Brittany could have each other, all to themselves. It was the only times Santana could indulge herself, to wander the eden that was Brittany's touch, Brittany's voice, Brittany's soft and supple body pressed up against her own. Here, she had everything her heart desired; the brightest star of the heavens, fallen to earth to be in her own arms.

So when Brittany, lying before her, lightly brushed her fingertips from Santana's wrist up to her bare shoulder, she couldn't help but shiver, exhaling and tasting bliss on the tip of her tongue.

Then, that smile, knowing and sweet.

"Oh, San," Brittany whispered, and Santana's breath caught in her throat as her lovers palm rested gently against her cheek, softer than a feather but as warm as the afternoon sun. "My Santana."

Her name, on those lips. Santana could hear no higher praise, and she tilted her head, laying a kiss there on that hand that had chosen to hold her own countless times. Brittany, choosing her, over and over. Santana could ask for no greater blessing, and her heart spilled forth blossoms of the brightest and warmest colour, a bouquet made of only a love tended to over a lifetime.

"Tell me," the blonde sighed, her words like music as she leaned her head forward, tilting her lips up to brush against Santana's own. "Tell me what you're thinking of."

A thousand things, Santana could've said right then, a thousand things about her love. The tiny crinkles at the corners of her eyes when she smiled, the way her hair shone like gold in the brightest rays of sunlight, that little hum she made at the back of her throat when they kissed. A thousand things more, Santana could've said.

"You," Santana said softly as she felt Brittany's warm breath against her lips. "You, as always, my love."

A satisfied hum, a tender stroke of her thumb across Santana's cheek.

"Good," Brittany murmured, and each word fell from her lips like petals from roses, faint and lovely. "That's what I wanted to hear."

Leaning forward, Santana received a kiss in return, one that tasted like spring and felt like summer. Love bloomed anew in her heart once more, nurtured by warmth and tenderness. Brittany's gentle touch; only she could hold Santana's heart in her hands in such a way, only she could plant the seeds that would flower into the brightest stars and greatest love.

How softly the blonde caressed her cheek, how gently Brittany whispered her name in that breath afterward. Each touch, each word. Brittany was sunlight and Santana reached for her, kissing her once again.

They spent their morning that way, muted whispers with soft murmurs, tender kisses and gentle caresses in between. So many mornings they had together, and each time Santana cherished every second that she got to tangle her hands in Brittany's hair, to giggle with her lifelong partner at whispered nothings, to smile with all the light in her heart when Brittany would do the same.

End.