Parenting 101

(In a world of hell. Santana is Lucifer & Brittany is Lilith - king and queen of hell.)

"How do I hold this thing?"

"Support the head, don't just let it bobble by itself!"

"Like this?"

"No, now you're not even holding her properly."

Santana frowned, an unusual look on her typically jolly face, and shifted the baby in her arms again. She was now folding the baby.

"What did you even do?" Brittany sighed tiredly, shaking her head. She motioned for Santana to give her the child. "Here, allow me show you."

"How would you know?" Santana huffed, despite handing the baby over to the blonde.

Their child had finally been put to rest, and the two wedded demons had decided to take this time and make it a practice session for Santana, who knew close to zero about children.

"It's called motherly instinct, something you couldn't possibly comprehend." She replied, now placing one hand under the small demon's head and the other on it's back. "See? Now she's supported properly, and she won't just fall over." Santana placed a hand on her chin, as if investigating them. Brittany rolled her eyes and held the baby out.

"Ok. Now try it yourself." The brunette seemed to be contemplating it.

"Why do I need to know this again?" Santana asked, slightly shaking her head. She hadn't moved to hold the baby herself, instead only looking up at her wife.

"Now now darling, we wouldn't neglect her into childhood trauma? It'd be incredibly sad to know your own mother wouldn't hold you as a baby." She held the baby closer to Santana. The small form shifted slightly, eyes still closed in it's deep slumber.

"My father didn't hold me when I was a baby." Santana muttered.

"Don't be a drama queen and hold your daughter, moron." Brittany had had enough, and pushed the baby into Santana's arms. The brunette made a sound of protest, but the soft sigh that escaped their child's lips shut her up, already frantically trying to hold her correctly. Brittany couldn't help but chuckle, earning a short lived glare from Santana, before she continued attempting to hold the infant properly.

"Move your arms up a bit." Brittany added a bit of encouragement, which although Santana pretended it bothered her, it did show that it helped, her quick movements becoming less rigid. She finally held the infant properly, and had succeeded in not letting her fall.

"Perfect, just like that." Brittany beamed, and moved beside her wife to look at their child. A relieved grin spread across Santana's face, as she could finally look at her daughter without almost accidentally killing her.

The baby yawned again, and shifted in Santana's arms. Seems she'd wake up soon. She looked at Brittany in panic.

"What do I do?" She whispered, not wanting to make the child wake up and start screaming.

"Keep holding her." Brittany husked in response, also not wanting to have their daughter waken with cries.

"Shouldn't I put her back in the crib? That seems logical."

"No. Keep holding her."

"She'll wake up and start screaming!" Santana hissed.

"No she won't, you're her goddamn mother, she shouldn't be scared of you, despite how unattractive you are." Brittany hissed as well.

"Excuse you? You literally had a fucking child with me?"

"It seems I've had a change of heart."