nine . cursed table (what)

ayame's eyes widened.

"what the..."

the room was empty, except for a single office table. it seemed to belong to the former team leader of the office.

the table, however, had a ridiculous amount of paper talismans wrapped around it. it looked old, and dirty too. there was a faint energy coming from it. ayame scrunched her nose.

"god... what did that table do...?" ayame opened the door fully. scanning the room, she didn't sense anything else other than the sinister energy from the table. a cursed table, that's a first. ayame found it funny.

'i want to laugh... but maybe this is serious.' ayame thought. yes, she should take a look. maybe there's more to it.

the girl glanced at the glass windows across from her, and then to the door. if she were to get locked in here, she could break out through the window. of course, jumping from the fifth floor with no plan was dangerous, but with ayame's cursed technique, she could soften the fall.

ayame nodded to herself. yup, yup. sounds good.

after securing her backup plan, ayame approached the cursed table with her flashlight in hand. she made sure to leave the door open, for extra measures. if someone or something comes in, she could see their shadow from the moonlight.

"now what happened, team leader...?" ayame asked, though she was merely talking to herself. rubbing her chin, she observed the table's drawer, which were sealed by paper talismans as well. "why did your table get sealed...? this is ridiculous."

paper talismans are used to seal things. usually something dangerous, or too strong to be killed.

ayame figured there'd obviously be a reason behind this table. but what? what were they so scared of, to the point of sealing this object?

tax evasion evidence? a terribly long list of complaints from clients? erotic magazines?

the more ayame wrecked her brain around it, the more absurd her guesses became.

"well, whatever..." ayame turned in her phone and pressed hakari's caller id.

after a couple of rings, the number picked up. "hello?"

"hakari-kun... i found something."

"what is it?"

"a table with a bunch of seals on it..."

"seals?" hakari paused. "the one from the sea?"

'the hell...?' "...talismans."

"oh, i'll come over. where are you?"

"fifth floor on the -"

before ayame could finish, she heard a loud stomp. her head snapped towards the right, and a pair of glowing red eyes stared into her own.

"ayame?"

-

gojou satoru hummed as he stared at his phone. he seemed to be bummed about the content on the screen, as his eyebrows (you cant see it tho lol) were pressed together.

"man... this game sure is tough."

on the screen, there was a cartoon girl standing with her hand on her hips, and a selection of dresses to choose from on the right. it looked like those typical dress up games you'd see for 8 year old girls.

"give me a moment, alice. i'll make sure your date will be impressed by your fashio -"

a loud crash from the highest floor interrupted gojou from his thoughts. the man glanced up, and saw dust building up from a certain room, and debris flying down from it. a grin crept up to his face.