twenty three . in control

the familiar sensation of being surrounded by the void, and how her hands looked distorted - yes, this was it. she was going to meet that mysterious woman again tonight.

after meeting megumi, ayame had hurried back to the school to find any clues about tsumiki's case. it was already night when she arrived, so asking teachers about it wouldn't be an option.

but at the same time... it was perfect. she wanted to meet the woman again, the woman that seemed to know about the blossoming technique. the woman who managed to make ayame summon himawari in her sleep.

ayame didn't notice how her lips was curled in a shaky smile, and how a gleam of determination reflected in her eyes.

'where is she?'

her brown eyes darted around the space, searching for the woman from her last dream. she, thankfully, was fully clothed, wearing the white shirt and sweatpants she had put on before going to bed. so at least it won't be awkward to meet the woman.

just as she was about to stop, a click echoed from her right, and into her ears. she turned to the source, and saw the woman standing in front of a wooden door. there seemed to be light coming from the room inside, but it was too far away for ayame to see clearly.

"we meet again, ayame."

ayame walked towards the woman, and looked down towards her after finally closing their distance. "yes... i've been waiting to see you again."

the woman hummed and crossed her arms over her chest. her kimono moved like silk, and ayame didn't fail to notice that. "i saw what happened today."

...?

"what do you mean?"

"the curtain you were in got manipulated by a third party. it was alarming."

at the mention of the incident, ayame sighed. indeed, it had bugged her for the rest of her day, but she couldn't tell anyone about it. she had kept her lips sealed, and with her limited amount of knowledge, she couldn't figure out what had happened exactly.

but... how did the woman know?

"how did you know?" ayame asked, placing a hand on her hip and leaned on her right leg. "can you see? and how much do you see?"

the woman sighed. "if you are worried, i will explain. i can only 'see' when you are actively using your cursed technique - the connection becomes stronger then. i have a sense of personal privacy as well. i only see what i choose to."

"then, i'm guessing you have an idea of what happened."

"i have my guesses."

"then will you also tell me your identity?"

"..." the woman paused, though ayame maintained their eye contact. the woman seemed to be pondering onto something. "well. it is natural for you to question me. very well."

the woman turned around, and headed towards the wooden door that she came out of. ayame blinked, before she jogged, catching up to her.

'she's calmer than before... that's good.'

the two entered the room, and it was the same room from the last time they met. a small traditional room, with tatami mats covering the floor and the sliding room opened, revealing the garden outside. the two sat down, the woman sitting formally while ayame - well, she's still crossing her legs.

"now - "

"before that." ayame held up her hand, and the woman's eyes squinted slightly from the interruption. "this time, no summoning techniques. i don't want to destroy anything else in my room."