two . egg tart (2)

IM SO SORRY FOR THE SLOW UPDATES TT

as u can probably tell by my profile, i've been busy (and tired D:) with life, thus i haven't been able to find time to write. i've also got another hobby besides writing, so it's quite the problem to balance between the two huuu

also i've noticed a lot of people have been adding this book to their reading lists and THANK U SO MUCH IT MEANS A LOT TO ME 😭❤️ i'll try my best to update more! (pls dont take my word for it tho LSKDKSJD)

additionally, i'm so very sorry if there's a LOT of grammatical errors!! these days i'm getting confused of them and such... it's obvious i'm not a native english speaker HAHA but i will try my best :)

happy reading :D THANK U AGAIN FOR READING THIS BOOK AAAH IT MAKES ME HAPPY

-

"off you go, you little stinkbugs..."

the swarm of small cursed spirits gradually disappear into ashes as ayame waves her hand over them. petals of flowers swiftly cut the spirits in half as the girl wipes the window next to the door.

she's thankful that the spirits were weak. it makes it easier for her get rid of them without much effort, as it would seem weird to the 'normal' people if a teenage girl were to fight air by herself.

truly a scene she'd want to avoid as much as possible.

flipping over the 'OPEN' sign, ayame shuffles back to the counter before sitting down to continue her slumber. her head drops onto the wooden counter like a bag of rocks.

'the day barely started, yet i feel so tired...'

ring!

the girl flinches, though not visibly. footsteps enter the shop, and stop about a metre away from her. she remains in her current position, paying attention to the sounds.

"hey, how about this one? looks good, don't you think?" a soft, feminine voice asks. a smile on her face as her eyes glaze over the sweet bakeries lined up at the other side of the glass.

"sure. i don't mind anything." this time, a more masculine voice speaks up. ayame deducts that the owner is probably still young, seeing as how it's not too deep - not too high either.

ayame wonders if they even noticed her on their way in. laying her head there. on the counter. is she even breathing? she is, right?

the two stand there for a while, before one of them decides to ring the bell right next to a box of tissues. the sudden loud sound causes ayame to jolt.

there is a long pause. ayame could feel eyes burning into her nape. why is her mother still in the kitchen?!

she contemplates for a moment before slowly pushing herself up from the counter. the girl turns her head to her left and there she sees two pair of eyes staring back at her.

awkward is an understatement.

"uh..." ayame starts. "good... day." a smile with furrowed brows. she is not comfortable.

one of them, the girl, chuckles before replying. "yep, good day."

silence.

ayame nods.

'MOM HELP WHY AREN'T YOU HERE YET I'M SCARED -'

"ayame!" a familiar voice calls from the kitchen. ayame's face visibly brightens.

her saviour!

she continues,"my hands are full so tend to the customers for a while!"

no, that's a villain.

after taking a deep breath, the girl gets up from her seat and walks behind the counter. she notices the two customers are still watching her like a hawk.

"oh, i didn't think you were a worker here." the girl from before says, a sheepish smile on her face. the boy beside her is still silent, his eyes are now wandering elsewhere.

ayame shrugs, mimicking her smile. "i... thought i could've avoided doing work."

upon closer look, she realizes something. the two are wearing a white uniform, ones that she recognizes but,

"hey, those uniforms..." ayame begins her sentence, though she trails off midway. the duo glance at each other before looking back at ayame, signalling her to continue the question. "...those uniforms. saitama urami...?"

the girl nods. "that's right! do you go there as well?"

"no, no. i just pass by there a lot. yeah."

"tsumiki. how long are we going to be here?" this time, the boy beside 'tsumiki' opens his mouth. ayame could clearly see 'annoyed' written on his face.

now that she has a more clear look of his face, ayame admits that the guy is quite attractive. not too tall, not too short. but he looks a bit younger than her... first year, maybe? to add to that, man, his hair is spiky.

tsumiki is beautiful as well. her soft, delicate features must be popular among the male students at her school. she also looks more mature than the guy... maybe she's older than him? then again, ayame has seen 12 year old girls looking waaaay more mature than their age.

at the silent observation, ayame blurts out a question. "...you two on a date?"

clearly an excellent move.

the two of them stare at her with horrified expressions.

"...not a date?" ayame corrects herself.

tsumiki shakes her head with a cringe. "we're siblings."

oh.