thirteen . fujiwara something...?

"you're...!"

"...uh. hello."

ayame blinked rapidly, doubting her eyes. in front of her stood a male teenager with spiky black hair, dark blue eyes and a familiar face. he was wearing casual clothes, a black shirt and a pair of black jeans.

in an instant, a certain memory came flooding into ayame's mind.

ah.

the painful memory where ayame thought he was going on a date with his sister.

- a few months ago.
(from chapter egg tart (2))

at the silent observation, ayame blurts out a question. "...you two on a date?"

clearly an excellent move.

the two of them stare at her with horrified expressions.

"...not a date?" ayame corrects herself.

tsumiki shakes her head with a cringe. "we're siblings."

-

ayame could hear the words echo in her head.

...

'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA -'

noticing the awkward silence, yasuhiro spoke up. "do you know him?"

"yes. he's..." ayame paused. sweat formed on her forehead. ayame blinked, figuring out her next words carefully. "uhm, he came to my mother's shop before..."

'i can't even remember the kid's name...!' ayame screamed internally. 'uh... his sister was tsumiri. fujiwara tsumiri...? and his name is...'

"if you forgot my name, it's fushiguro megumi." megumi said with a death stare and a frown. he was not impressed. ayame felt a jab of guilt in her heart. "you are ohashi-san. right?"

another jab. the guy remembers her name but she doesn't.

ayame sighed. there was no helping it. "yeah... sorry."

megumi shook his head. "it's fine. i have a question, though. those uniforms... are you guys from one of the jujutsu colleges?"

"ah, you recognise it? that's a surprise." yasuhiro answered. "we're from the tokyo branch. fushiguro-kun, i'm assuming you know about curses?"

"yes."

ayame was shocked. she didn't expect megumi to know about curses and what-not. he seemed normal to her... well, except for his crazy spiky hair. he still looked good with it, though. ayame wouldn't deny that.

"that's cool... that means we're your seniors, fushiguro-kun. when it's time for you to enroll, you can count on us." ayame patted the younger male's shoulder with a smug smile.

fushiguro megumi looked at the older (but shorter) female.

"uh... yes. thank you."

yasuhiro nodded, and patted megumi's other shoulder. "that's right! by the time you join, we'll still be here - i'll be a fourth year student, and ayame will be a third year. just call us seniors if you need anything!"

at the physical contact, he refrained himself from taking a step back, out of respect. megumi isn't the best when someone unfamiliar interacts with him.

"thank you, but i... don't even know your name."

"oh, sorry. my name is takayuki yasuhiro." yasuhiro grinned. "but it's going takayuki-senpai for you. in two years! - well, maybe it's already senpai now."

ayame cleared her throat, nudging the senior with her elbow. "and ohashi-senpai."

"yup, yup. takayuki-senpai and ohashi-senpai."

megumi stared at them in silence. can he really trust them...? watching them, megumi was reminded of a certain adult male who wears a blindfold 24/7.

'if there's more of them... it's going to be tiring for sure.' fushiguro sighed inwardly, brows pressed together.

"well, i'd love to converse more, but our friends are waiting." yasuhiro said, before patting megumi's head. "let's meet again when you're a first year in the tokyo school, fushiguro-kun."

yasuhiro smiled. though the sun was still out, lighting up the world, megumi and ayame felt as if there was another sun standing next to them, shining brighter than the sun above them.

megumi looked down, perhaps saving his eyes from the blinding light. "yes. let's meet again soon."

bidding the male goodbye, ayame and yasuhiro walked away towards lobster cafe where they were supposed to meet up with the others. megumi sighed, before turning around to continue his way. unknowingly, a small smile crept up his face.

on their way, ayame gasped, stopping in her tracks. "wait, i forgot to ask about his sister..."

"i'm sure his sister is fine. we should get going, or else shinju might get mad." yasuhiro said.

at his words, ayame shrugged it off. 'tsumiri looks like a tough girl. she's probably doing well right now.'

though, ayame couldn't help but think about their encounter earlier.

when ayame bumped into megumi, she noticed something. the male looked gloom, and there were little to no light in his eyes. his shoulders were slumped, his lips were dry, and there were eyebags under his eyes.

but that might be her imagination. maybe he was always that way?

 maybe he was always that way?