thirty one . let's calm down

"well, if everything's settled, i'll take my leave now." akari said, throwing away her empty cup of hot chocolate. "it's a good thing i was just in the area... who knows what might've happened if i was late."

ayame slightly bowed. "i'm really sorry for bothering you, nitta-san. on your day off, of all days..."

akari shook her head. "it's fine if it's something like this. i'm off now."

"please enjoy the rest of your day, nitta-san." yasuhiro waved his hands, and akari waved back with a lifeless smile. ayame glanced towards her senior, and she saw how his hands were already covered up by his long sleeves.

yasuhiro seemed like he noticed ayame's stare, judging by his next words,"i'm sure you have questions, right?" he smiled, taking a seat beside sors's bed. ayame was, unfortunately, the only one left to stand as kinji had stolen her chair earlier. "you can ask away, i don't mind it."

ayame hesitated for a moment, but she opened her mouth. "i do have questions, but - "

she turned towards kinji who was reading a manga on his phone.

"you didn't seem surprised. did you already know, kinji?"

to that he replied,

"yeah. i knew."

"oh, i see.~"

- was what ayame said, but her hand moved to take a handful of kinji's hair. he yelped at the aggressive action, though ayame was sure it was barely the same level of pain as a flick to the forehead.

"wow~ it's so nice to be you, huh! you know everything in the school!" ayame sang through gritted teeth.

she was about to continue, until kinji also grabbed her hair, tugging onto it. she choked on her words.

"let go of my hair, i just styled it this morning! why the hell are you doing this?!" kinji whisper shouted, being mindful of the sleeping patient in the room.

"oh i can definitely tell - i can feel how greasy it is from the amount of hair gel you used - "

yasuhiro chuckled quietly as he watched the two of them bicker back and forth, neither side letting go of each other's hair. allowing them to settle their scores, yasuhiro moved his attention towards sora. yasuhiro rubbed his chin as he examined his face.

'this... it can't be him, right?' he pulled out his phone from his pocket, and tapped in 'sora vts' into the search bar. he opened the images section, and compared it to the sleeping male. he mumbled under his breath. "uwah... this is crazy."

"right?! it's crazy, right?" yasuhiro flinched as ayame peeked over his shoulder and said in a hushed whisper. her hair (and kinji's) are both free, meaning they're already done with each other. ayame patted down the wild brown strands sticking out. "i also couldn't believe it, but it's actually sora-kun! i'd definitely recognize that beautiful face!!"

"he's gonna think you're a crazy fan if you keep that up." kinji swiftly cut in, also fixing his hair.

ayame froze in her spot, before glancing at sora and stared at his face in silence. unconsciously, she took a step back from the bed, and yasuhiro raised a brow.

she couldn't deny that - she was definitely too excited.

the room grew quiet.

right, she should respect his boundaries. who knows how he'd react when he wakes up and someone's fangirling all over him.

well - not that ayame was planning to act like a fan when sora's finally awake, she had common sense. she had her priorities, too, - to investigate what actually happened, and how sora ended up in that alleyway -