ғɪғᴛᴇᴇɴ. 𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠

fanart creds: oniimely (twitter)
1333 words.

⋆ ☄︎.
·˚ * 🔭

I put my phone beside me on the white desk. Mom had just called me and told me she was about to land back in North Carolina. She went to Colorado for a job interview, I was so happy for her.

A loud knock on the door catches me off guard. I walk over to the door, pull the handle and find my sister standing there.

"Miss me?" She smiles, arms wide open for a long awaiting hug. "You know you've only been gone for a few hours right?" I laugh, hugging her anyways.

We walk inside and sit on the couch, turning on the tv to the news broadcasting. "Aelia, what is-". I turn my head to Emery, her head facing towards the window behind me.

A flash of light followed by a 'whump' of impact, as if someone shoved me. There was smoke- so, so much smoke. I throw my hands up in hopes of blocking the shards of glass that were now flying through the apartment. A hailstorm of glass came raining down on us, the feeling of a trillion pins and needles going deep into my skin.

The silence was so loud, muffled cars came into hearing, screams. I stagger to my feet, a struggle because of how shaken I was. Everything was blurred and my ears felt like they had been stuffed with cotton.

"Emery! Em, where are you?" I panic, throwing my arms out in all directions trying to feel for my little sister. "I'm over here! I'm okay, I-"

There was a crash, and then silence. I heard a scream but I honestly didn't know if it came from me or Emery. I was scared to open my eyes, I didn't want to see her lying somewhere in the room dead. "Em?" I yell out. "Emery?" I open my eyes.

She was on the other side of the room from me, glass shattered everywhere around her. "No, no, no." I crawl over to her, trying to ignore the pain in my leg. "Em, wake up. Please wake up!" I shake her, what seems to be, lifeless body in hopes of waking her up. Tears pour down my face. "Emery!"

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩ ✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

"Aelia, you're okay. Hey," A voice whispers. Opening my eyes there were people coming down the stairs with a confused expression on their face. A few others were already by the couch, standing over me. I jerk myself to where I'm sitting upright.

Sweat covered most of my body. A mix of tears and sweat streaming down my face. I turn my head to Tubbo, him and Tommy were crouched down beside the couch. Concern was written over everyones faces, Tommy and Tubbo looking the most worried. I felt hands cupping both of my cheeks, sending warmth throughout my whole body.

"You okay?" The raspy voice sounds again. "Aelia, look at me." I look into the boys blue eyes, feeling a wave of guilt come over me. "I'm sorry- it was a dream. I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I feel my eyes squeeze shut once again, Tommy's thumbs rubbing the tears away from my face. He nods in the direction of everyone, signaling for them to go back upstairs.

He waited until he heard all of the doors upstart close to sit in front of me on the couch, fairly close. Noticing my eyes were still shut, I open them to see Tommy. His eyebrows were knitted. The blonde reaches his hand out and pushes a loose strand of hair behind my ear, leaving his hand on my cheek for a few seconds before wrapping both of his arms around me. "Shh, it was just a bad dream. Just a dream, okay? None of it was real." He breaths.