Chapter 8

Third PoV:

Today, the first years had their first flying lesson...with Instructor J Potter. Everyone except the Slytherins were looking forward to it. Pretty much all the snakes knew how to fly already, seeing as literally all of them were purebloods and had grown up in the magical world, except for two or three and even then, they most likely had too.

Not only had they all flown before, the lesson was taught by James Potter, the most arrogant ponce alive. He even surpasses Malfoy sr, which is a feat in itself. He ALWAYS took points off of Slytherin for no apparent reason, other than they were 'slimy' snakes. Clearly, he never grew up.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Orion's PoV:

"Okay, now I'm sure most if not all of you have never been on a broom before but my son John has so he will demonstrate!" James grinned.

"Uh sir, actually all of us have been on a broom before. Well at least all of us Slytherins," Tracy said.

James and John both glared at her and ignored her. John got onto his broom confidently with only a little shake and pushed off the ground.

As he flew, I had to grudgingly admit he was better than the average 11 year old who's been flying since they were a year old but it wasn't anything to brag about as most of the Slytherins were also above average flyings. Honestly any of the magical raised Gryffindors too.

John had obviously been trained by his father, who even I know is an amazing flyer from my previous lives, but I am still pretty sure he's not the best in the class. Theo is a really good flyer and so is Draco, Bailey is also very good but she prefers to watch quidditch.

I myself have discovered that I love playing any position in quidditch but I like some more than others. My order, from favourite to least favourite is: chaser, beater, seeker and keeper. Luckily there is normally positions open for chaser within my first two years at school like this one.

This year, two of the positions are open, both for chasers. I really hope I can impress Snape enough for him to allow me on the team in first year and hopefully either Theo, Draco, Blaise or Tracy can too.

Unfortunately the Gryffindor seeker position is open too, and I just know that James will ask the headmaster to give it to John. And I know Dumbledore better than anyone, meaning I know that he will 100% give it to John even if he was an absolutely shit flyer.

When John finally came back down the ground, it was with a smug smirk on his face that I really REALLY wanted to punch off and I could tell that everyone, even some of the gryffindors (mainly the girls) did too.

"Okay! Everyone mount your brooms and hover in the air for a few seconds!" Potter said.

I swung my leg over the schools broom that was practically falling apart in my hands, and pushed off of the ground smoothly. Beside me, I could see Blaise also kick off the ground with complete control.

"Alright Blaise?" I asked

"Yeah, you Orion?" He nodded.

"Good, how much do you bet Dumbledore will let John on the team after this lesson?" I queried.

Blaise laughed and shook his head, "Dumbledore is a completely biased headmaster but I don't think even HE would break the first year rule for John."

"You're wrong, five galleons says so?"
I smirked knowingly.

"You're on!" He chuckled.

Well that's an easy 5 galleons for me.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And of course I was correct.

John Potter made the damn Gryffindor Quidditch team as the new seeker.

But I made the Slytherin team! Snape made me a chaser along with Draco! He was really surprised when he made the team but I wasn't, the boy is a really good flyer too.

Theo said he was going to try for chaser in third year, after Marcus Flint graduates Hogwarts. And Blaise said he might try out for keeper in 6th year. Hopefully Tracy tries out for seeker next year, after Higgs leaves.

The Gryffindor team is:

(Captain) Keeper: Oliver Wood (5th year)
Beaters: Fred Weasley (3rd year)
            George Weasley (3rd year)

Chasers: Angelina Johnson (3rd year)
Alicia Spinnett (3rd year)
Katie Bell (2nd year)

Seeker: John Potter (1st year)

And the Slytherin team is:

Keeper: Miles Bletchley (2nd year)
Beaters: Rolf Farley (6th year)
        Maria Crockett (5th year)

Chasers: (Captain) Marcus Flint (6th year)
Draco Malfoy (1st year)
Orion Black (1st year)

Seeker: Terence Higgs (7th year)

~~~~~~~~~~end of chapter~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for any mistakes!!

Rolf Farley and Maria Crockett are made up as I don't know who the Slytherin beaters were in 1991, I thought one was Adrian Pucey but he was a chaser but now I've made Draco and Orion a chaser so let's just say he's not on the team!!