Chapter 27

Sorry for the wait!!

third pov:

"John Potter..." Dumbledore said softly, murmurs filling the hall.

"John Potter!" He repeated louder with a frown, his blue eyes no longer twinkling as they usually did. James and Lily were staring at the ancient wizard in pure shock, surely not? Surely their daring son hadn't been chose!

"JOHN POTTER!" Dumbledore roared, his eyes ablaze with anger, though no one knew who it was directed at.

Orion could see from his seat that John was extremely shocked and Hermione had been forced to shove him forwards towards the front. The ginger boy stumbled towards the headmaster and continued to gape at him shock, he couldn't believe that his name had come out of the cup, he had not even attempted to put his name inside the cup!

"He's a cheat!"

"He's not even 17 yet!"

Orion, for the first time in this life, felt a slight hint of guilt. he could vividly remember being in John's shoes once before. It had been the worst time, or so he had thought then, of his teenage years. But he had not been an arrogant peacock like John was so he wasn't completely remorseful.

"Was this your doing?" Draco questioned with a gleeful expression, his grey eyes sparkling with mirth at the mere thought of John even beginning to attempt the Triwzard Tournament, it was laughable really. The copper haired by was useless.

"Partially...I had some help from a mutual friend of ours." Orion admitted with a shrug.

"Who...? OH!" Draco's eyes widened, "Him."

"Him," the dark haired boy nodded.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

time jump

It was not often that Orion found himself sitting on the forbidden forest's boundaries, alone. In fact he could only ever recall doing it once in his current life as Orion Black. He went there to - obviously be alone - think about his very existence. Tt was certainly a dark thought but he often found himself thinking about when he would finally choose to rest and stop being reborn. 

"I think this might be the last, I am rather tired after all." Orion said out loud, knowing that only Death would hear him.

"I understand young master. You have lived many lives and have died many deaths, I agree that it is time for you to rest at the end of this life. Be with your family and Bailey when the inevitable happens. You and Bailey belong together, believe me." Death answered kindly.

Bailey, she was a spitfire of a girl. So unlike any other he had ever met, even Ginny. He had loved Ginny until the day he died in his original life but he knew deep down that he loved Bailey more. If he believed in soulmates then he knew it would be her. She was his end game, she would be the death of him.

-----end of chapter-----