|Abandoned|◖2◗  

A small body stares at the bamboo basket in the grassy ground.Where the newborn is smiling at her with star filled eyes.Making incoherent noises and trying to reach her with his small hands.

The girl giggles swinging her twin fox tails side to side to entertain the infant.Her red tipped ears perk up on top of her head,she look's at her master standing not too far from her.

"Taehyung-sama what is he doing here?I thought humans feared this forest"

Taehyung takes his crystal eyes away from the infant to look at the still not mature fox spirit.

His gaze lands again on the blubbering infant who has his fist in his mouth.Something unclear in his blue zaffre eyes.

"He's abandoned shimizu"

Shimizu gasps her little fragile heart aching for the newborn.Who has been abandoned deep in the forest where not even demons venture.

"Why taehyung-sama?why would someone do that?" Tears gather in her innocent eyes.Her existence so pure not yet ruined by the cruelty of the world.

"Because he's a half-breed.Half-breeds have no place in demon hierarchy and he's a boy on top of that.Demon heirs are expected to be full blooded not tainted by human blood running through their veins as well.He's lucky he's not thrown at a pack of poison fanged wolves"

He straightens the long sleeves of his elegant kimono.Embroidered with the finest spider silk a pale blue colour matching perfectly with his long silver hair.His nine tails swinging softly behind his back an aura of power and grace radiating from him.

Shimizu sadly looks at the baby wanting to cradle it but scared her master will scold her which he rarely does but still.

"Taehyung-sama..." She looks at him with hopeful wide eyes.

Taehyung acknowledges her with amusement in his zaffre eyes, scanning her expression thoughtfully.

"Would you like a new martial brother shimizu?"

Her hopeful expression slowly turns into a full blown grin while she enthusiastically nodds her head squeaking a cheery 'yes'

"Then a brother you shall get" Taehyung bends down and takes in the features of the baby.Wide bambi eyes full of innocence looking at him in wonder,small nose,chubby pinkish cheeks,cute lips,pale skin but not sickly pale.

Nobody could ever guess from a single glance that the newborn was a demon halfling.

Taehyung slowly takes the baby in his arms holds it closer to his chest,providing him with warmth.

The baby purrs and cuddles closer to the his newfound comfort.

"The world hasn't been fair to you has it child?"

He speaks to the baby with warmth in his tone.The baby not knowing anything just plays with his long elegant fingers trying to put it inside his mouth.

His eye's soften considerably he chuckles at the newborn's antics.

Shimizu chirps excitedly not being able to stand still.Happy to get someone younger than her.In their shrine she's the youngest she's glad that now she also has someone to dote on.

"Taehyung-sama let's go,let's go!!let's go home and tell everyone we have a new martial sibling"

A small laugh leaves his lips at the little girl's enthusiasm aura of happiness wafting off of her.

"Yes,let's go home" He takes the giggling energetic baby up with him.Handling him with absolute gentle hands.Shimizu ran off already knowing the way.He walks slower when a butterfly glowing a soft glow flutters around him and the baby.

A prayer resonates through it's path.

Kami-sama save this innocent being

A smile graces his pink lips "Your prayer has been heard"

And the butterfly disappears in his palm leaving dust of light at it's place.

End

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

I think I really like this plot so I'll be turning it into a mini series and extend this storyline♥️♥️

Hope you guys enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it♥️♥️

Leave a comment tell me about it♥️♥️

Love y'all hunnybees~

Stay safe

-Yuki