chapter 1

A young boy is seen sitting against a tree on top of a hill. This boy's name is Y/n L/n, next to him was his best friend Eren Jaeger, who was seen sleeping on the soft grass under the shade. Y/n shakes his head, as his friend, the girl wearing the red scarf and a red ring on her left hand, Mikasa Ackerman is seen hovering over Eren.

Y/n: What are you doing?

Mikasa: ... I think he's having a bad dream.

Y/n: How could you tell?

Mikasa: Look at his face, it looks... pained.

Y/n sighs and gets up to look down at his friend's face.

Y/n: ...Huh... wonder what he's dreaming about?

Eren's eyes suddenly open, causing Y/n to jolt back as Mikasa remains standing.

Eren: Huh Y/n? Mikasa?

Mikasa: We should probably head back.

Eren: What are we doing up here.

Y/n: Wow, you were in a such a deep sleep, that you're still only half awake.

Eren: No... it feels like I had this really long dream or something... what was it about? I can't remember...

Mikasa and Y/n sigh as they began to pick up their backpacks, carrying sticks. Y/n looks over to Eren, and notices some tears.

Y/n: ...Eren? Why are you crying?

Eren looked at him surprised as he place two fingers near his right eye. He then feels a tear land on his fingers.

Y/n and Mikasa sigh. Before Y/n offers a hand to Eren. Who immediately accepts it. As he pulls him up.

----

Y/n, Mikasa and Eren are seen all carrying their sticks as they're about to go through the first gate into wall Maria.

Eren: Just don't tell anyone I was crying!

Mikasa: I won't.

Y/n: So how long have you've been having those dreams? Cause if you've been having them for a while, you should tell your dad. Same goes for that crying? If you cried for no reason, you have to tell him.

Eren: No, dad should definitely never find out!

???: What are you crying for, Eren?

A drunken blonde haired Solder knows as Hannes, approaches the three.

Eren: Hannes!

Hannes: Did Mikasa and Y/n get mad at your or something?

Eren: Huh?! What makes you think I was crying?! Whoa, you reek of alcohol!

Y/n: What do you expect, it's Hannes.

???: It's like, come on, y'know?

???2: Oh?

Eren: You're drinking again...

Hannes: You guys wanna join in?

Eren: actually... don't you guys have work?

Y/m: And we're also minors.

Hannes: Oh right. And to answer your question, Yup! We're guardin' the gate today! We're stuck here all day, so we end up getting hungry and thirsty. If some booze happens to get into our drinks so what? It's no big deal.

Eren: What if something happens?! Can you fight like that?!

Hannes looked surprised from what Eren said.