Chapter 4

The Year 850...
Two years since Enlisting.

The cadets are seen jogging through a forest as heavy rain was pouring upon them. With green hoods protecting them from the rain, they made their way as they carried their supplies on their back. Commandant Keith walks alongside them on his horse, as he yells at the recruits.

Keith: You're late! Run you slowpokes!

Armin is seen struggling to keep up as Keith slows down a bit and yells at him.

Keith: You're falling behind! This too heavy for you?! Will you be the only one to remove your equipment?! If this were the real deal, you'd be Titan fodder!

Keith then goes up to the others as Armin pants heavily as he struggles to catch his breath.

Armin: *pants* Damn it.

Reiner: Give it here. Keep it up and you'll join the dropouts.

Reiner takes Armin's backpack, and puts it on his back, allowing Armin to take a short break.

Reiner: Today's training exercise is being scored.

Armin: But they'll dock points from you too.

Reiner: Then let's not get caught! Hurry before I change my mind!

Unbeknownst to them, Keith was paying attention to their conversation. As he began to take notes of many of the cadets.

Keith: *thoughts* Reiner Braun... He is sturdy and gutsy, and has the trust of his comrades.

Armin sees Reiner about to catch up to the group, before his teeth grit, and he begins to speed up.

Armin: I won't be a burden if it kills me!

Armin goes past Reiner and takes back his pack, before picking up the pace and joining the others.

Keith: *thoughts* Armin Arlert... He lacks physical skill, but shows moments of brilliance in the classroom.

Later in the day when the rain is finally gone, we see a titan dummy being set up. Multiple cadets finally using the 3DMG are seen zipping past as Bertholdt, Annie and Jean cut one of the dummies' nape.

Keith: *thoughts* Annie Leonhardt... There are no weaknesses in her attacks. However, she is a loner who has difficulty working with others, with an exception of one. Bertholdt Fubar... He had potential but lacks aggressiveness. Then Jean Kirsten... His 3D Maneuvers are top class. But his cocky attitude makes it easy for him to cause friction.

Jean leaps off a branch looking for another dummy to cut.

Jean: I can't beat those two when it comes to attacks. So I need to find a titan first. *begins to zoom past many trees* I'm the one who's going to join the military police!

He makes it to a clearing where he finds an unscathed dummy, and prepares to cut it down.

Connie: Thanks Jean! It was a good idea to go after you!

Connie suddenly flies past Jean, as he prepares to steal his kill. However, before he could slash at it, the nape was cut, as someone swung by, shocking the two. The two see Sasha bring herself up, as she cheers for the kill steal.

Sasha: Woo-hoo! I did it!

Keith: *thoughts* Sasha Braus... She has unusually good intuition, but due to that, she's not suited for organized activities. Connie Springer... Especially talented in moves that require flexibility. But he's not the quickest thinker...

Two other cadets are seen on tree branches, where they see three more cadets making their way towards them.

???: They're coming.