Chapter 15

The next day…

Y/n was seen riding the back of a horse with his comrades Connie, Christa and Ymir in front of him. 

Their mission has already begun.

Connie: Wait so where the hell are you gonna go?

Y/n: I'll be surveying the area. Don't worry, I'll be sure to check on you three again soon. 

Ymir: I still don't understand why you can't just stay with us longer.

Christa: I know it's orders, but couldn't they at least inform us that you'd leave before we went out.

Y/n: I wish I was able to, but I'm sure Commander Irwin had a good reason. I'm not even allowed to disclose where I'll be specifically.

Connie: Damn it…

Y/n smiles at his squad.

Y/n: Don't worry, I'll be back.

Y/n jumps off his horse as it runs up besides Christa. Everyone watches as the moment Y/n hit the ground, lighting blinded them leaving a large dust cloud behind them. Two dark wings burst out of the smoke as the dragon took to the sky and began to head towards the right side of the formation.

Christa: Be safe Y/n… please.

Y/n soars the the sky as he scans the ground below him. The dragon growls as he sees multiple squadrons have been wiped out… No wonder he hasn't seen any smoke signals in a while. All that was left were titans wandering aimlessly. Wait… Riener… jean… and Armin, weren't they positioned at the right, yes, by the front. Y/n suddenly sees multiple Yellow signals up ahead. Y/n begins to pick up his pace as he sees a group of soldiers hanging by a thread against a horde of titans. 

Y/n swoops down as a man is about to be bitten by a titan. The man's eyes widen as he sees a pair of talons stab unto the back of the titan. As it loses its grip on the man, Y/n bites down on the nape of the titan before ripping its head off. The man looks up in fear at the great reptile, before it leaped away towards a Titan that just bit a woman's leg. Y/n bites down at it's head causing it to drop the woman allowing her comrade to swoop in and picking her up. Y/n places all of his weight on the titan head. Turning it into paste, he then stops on the nape delivering the finishing blow. Four 3-6 meter titans began to charge at Y/n. However he stands tall towering over them, he begins to flap his wings causing a large amount of wind to push them back. 

Once they were a few meters away, Y/n jumped onto two of them, before swiping the other two away with his razor sharp tail. A 13 meter abnormal is seen charging towards Y/n before leaping at the great dragon. The two roll over the ground as the abnormal bites down at Y/n's throat. The titan's teeth struggle to go through his hard scales, as Y/n tries to push it off. Y/n places its claws on the side of its head before crushing the head and pushing the titan back. The skull of the titan steams as it attempts to stand up, Y/n then walks over to it before holding the titan down, Y/n's mouth slowly opens as it begins to give off an orange glow. A fire ball begins to form, before a wave of flames expell from his throat turning the titan to ash. Y/n huffed and puffed before looking down at all of the soldiers left. 

Y/n: What. happened.

The group flinched at the beast's deep and powerful voice. One of them clears their throat and hesitantly takes a step forward.

Soldier: An Abnormal ran past us and it brought a horde of titans with it!

Y/n: An abnormal… where did she go.