chapter 10

Pixis: Hmm. Well said. Staff officers, assemble! Prepare to strategize!

Armin: What? Seriously? Calling this plan "optimistic" would be an understatement. How can we just go ahead with it?

Eren: I agree with you... but it's pointless to question his decision. I'm sure Commander Pixis can see something we can't.

Y/n: Or maybe he's drunk.

Eren and Armin nod, suddenly Mikasa pulls Y/n to the side.

Mikasa: Y/n, are you alright?

Y/n: Huh?

Mikasa: It looks like you're in pain.

She walks up to him and places her forehead against his.

Mikasa: You're burning up. You're still too exhausted to be fighting.

Y/n: It's nothing Mikasa.

Mikasa: Don't lie.

Y/n looks at Mikasa, when suddenly an image flashes in his eyes. He sees a young blonde haired girl, before disappearing as fast as it came. He shakes his head and pats Mikasa on the head.

Y/n: Look, after the mission I'll be sure to sleep in you arms if it gets that bad.

Mikasa sighs, as Pixis gives a speech from the top of the wall. Y/n's mind wanders for a second... he tried to think who was that woman... and why she looks so similar?

Y/n closes his eyes, as his mind was flooded with a memory...

----

A much smaller Y/n is seen sitting at a dinner table, his eyes widened as he recognized this place. He turns around shaking as he saw someone he thought he wouldn't see ever again... his mother.

Y/n: M-Mom?

M/n: Ah, Y/n! I'm so glad to see you here. It's been so long.

Y/n is seen trembling as he get out the chair, his mother walks up to him, before kneeling down and hugging him.

Y/n: I-Is this a dream? I was supposed to be waiting for orders.

M/n: ... I guess you could say it's a dream. Don't worry, I'm sure Mikasa will tell you what you missed. Let's just talk for a little.

She lets go of him and is suddenly sees sitting at the table. Y/n looked shocked before carefully approaching his seat. He sits down, as suddenly a glasses of water appears in front of them. M/n takes a sip before setting hers down and smiling at Y/n.

M/n: I'm glad you've been keeping my necklace safe. It was always my favorite.

Y/n: Huh? Wait what-

He looks down to see he was now in his currant body all grown up wearing his uniform with his mother's necklace tucked under his shirt.

Y/n: How-

M/n: Calm down, remember, this all in your head there's nothing to worry about. Now I want you to answer something for me... do you know why you could transform?

Y/n: N-No. I just know I can transform by being wounded.

M/n: You're about right, however, you also need a strong will to transform. Without a reason to transform, you simply can't.

Y/n: How would you... Wait, were you just like me?

M/n: *nods* That's my son. As clever as ever. That form, is called The Dragon Titan. I was a shifter just like you. You unlocked it when I gave you the serum, and you ate me.

Y/n's eyes widened

Y/n: I... ate you?!

He put his hand over his mouth as he tried to fight the urge to vomit. Suddenly he felt his mother put a hand on his head. He felt his nausea ease up.

M/n: ... I know it's a lot to take in. It's... a horrible process. But know, I wanted you to do that, otherwise we would've both died. I need you to unlock your powers, or else you couldn't keep your promises. You remember them right?

Y/n: Yeah of course.

M/n: That's great... Listen, Y/n there's not much time left but. Know I'm here, okay? Take care of Eren and the others. Destroy those titans and make your father and I proud. After that, I'll talk to you again.

Y/n: I will mom. I will.

M/n smiles as she begins to tear up, before everything begins to fade away back to reality...

M/n: Oh... and, before I go... I will tell you my real name. You remember, I told you I used to live outside the walls? And I changed my name to start a new life?

Y/n: Y-Yeah?

His mother gives him a sweet smile.

"M/n": My name is Saraph Kaiser. One day, you'll hold that name too. Y/n L/n Kaiser. But, you'll have to earn it.

Y/n: Kaiser?

Y/n snaps back to reality .

Mikasa: Y/n? Y/n! Do you hear me?

Y/n shakes his head as he sees Mikasa and everyone getting ready to go ahead with the operation.

Y/n: Huh. Yeah... But um... maybe repeat what I have to do just in case?

Rico is seen sighing as Eren scratches his head.

Rico: Transform. And circle us from the sky, attack the Titans that get too close to us. Got it?

Y/n: Yes ma'am.

Rico nods.

Eren: Alright Y/n. Good luck.

Y/n: *chuckles* Good luck to you too.

The group jumps down from the wall and begins to head to the bolder, while Y/n stays behind and looks at his hand. He gets a running start before leaping off the wall and bites down onto his hand. A large flash fills the sky as Y/n is now back to his scaly form. The dragon circles the sky above Eren's squad. Y/n spots a few Titans closing, he swoops down and grabs one by the nap, before slamming it into a 3m. He gets on top of the 10, and crushes it's nape. He hears and abnormal running towards him, and raises his tail. He swings it, using the sharp edge to decapitate the abnormal in a single blow.

Suddenly lightning strikes down as Eren's titan form appears. His Titan lets out a loud roar, earning Y/n's attention. Y/n looks to see the titan look down at Mikasa, his fist clenches. Y/n's eyes widen as he flies directly at the titan. Eren goes to punch Mikasa but is blocked by Y/n's face knocking him to the ground, shocking everyone.