part two

I was currently laying on the couch when I heard a knock at the door. It must be my pizza, I happily got up, rushing towards the door. I unlocked it opening it, to see the man and the baby I saw today.

       The baby was crying, but I went into panic mode and tried to close my door. He put his foot in the doorway, "listen I know this is very weird, and I don't want to be here, but he won't stop crying. He's been like this since this morning, and everyone in my house is tired. I- just please get him to stop. You're the only one who I can think of." He said in a pleading tone. Now that I look at him does look worn out. I slowly opened my door, and let him in. Okay, this is very weird, but I do feel kinda bad.

          Once the baby saw me he started to cry louder and trying to wiggle out of the man's arms, he quickly handed him to me. I took him and started bouncing him, I started waking him to my house, leaving the strange man at my door entrance, I heard him close the door behind me. I felt his presence close to me so I quickly made my way to the couch.

          Something about him is so intimidating. I sat down with the baby, I looked up to see him standing by my door. He had a baby bag with him, "Did you feed him recently?" I asked. "No, he wouldn't stop crying." He said walking towards the couch. I scooted over leavening two seats empty. He sat down on the one furthest away from me. Thank God.

             He placed the baby bag in the middle of us. I slowly inched my way towards in. "Can I grab a bottle," I asked, not wanting to seem weird, by just grabbing whatever I want. "Go for it." he groaned out throwing his head back closing his eyes. I looked over at him for a few more seconds before reaching into the bag grabbing a bottle and some formula. I stood up and walked towards the kitchen. I still had this mystery baby in my arms. Now that I think of it I don't even know his name or the man's name.

         I'm just going to guess their father and son. I filled the bottle with some room temperature water, adding two scoops of formula in, and shaking it. I saw the baby reach for the bottle desperately, I laughed shaking it once more and handing it to him. He took it and immediately started drinking it. I remember the cookies I put in the oven, I should probably get those out. I walked towards the man who looked like he was now asleep on my couch. I tapped his shoulder, he just groaned moving his shoulder, pushing himself more into my couch. I rolled my eyes. I walked over to what used to be my seat and placed him down on the couch.

         He was to focus on the bottle to know I had sat him down. I hurried and made my way to the oven, I put on my oven, and opened the oven grabbing the cookies, putting them on the counter. I turned the oven off, and as soon as I was about to turn around I heard a knock on the door. The pizza, I just now realized how hungry I was. I went over to the counter grabbing my wallet. I went to the door, unlocking it and opening it to see a boy around my age with a pizza in his hand. "$15 ma'am." He said. I handed him a twenty, "thanks." I said quickly closing the door. I looked over to the couch to see the man now laying down on the couch with the baby on his chest. I grabbed two plates from the kitchen and went back to the living room, I placed everything on the coffee table and sat down in my recliner since the couch was now taken.

          I grabbed a plate and a slice of pizza. I decided to leave the man and baby alone. He looks kinda stressed. I feel bad, the baby started to whimper, reaching his arms in my direction. I got up with a big breath of air, placing my plate on the coffee table and reached over the grabbing the baby from the man's chest. I put the baby on my hip and grabbed my plate and the remote sitting back down. The baby placed his head on my chest closing his eyes snuggling into me. I mentally squealed in happiness. I turned my attention back to the food. I took a big bite out of my pizza enjoying the taste.