part three

I woke up to the sun shining in my eyes. I groaned and went to turn over when I felt something heavy on my chest. I quickly opened my eyes and saw Sage laying on me asleep. I mentally gushed at how cute this was. I stayed in that position for a few minutes, thinking about everything that happened yesterday.

         The first thing that happened was I found Sage, I didn't think I was ever going to see him again after he and Ace walked out of the bakery that day, but I guess I was wrong. Next, Ace came banging on my door, asking me to calm Sage down, despite that being super weird, I did. Then, I found out about the mafia, which I have to remind myself, I have to distance myself from them. Or at least try.

         Distancing myself from Ace will be fairly easy, but Sage? That one is going to be a little harder. I know I've just met Sage but I feel like I have a connection with him. And that's one of my biggest downfalls, getting attached. For me, it happens fairly quickly and easily. But I'll never admit it out loud.

       The more I think of it the more Ace doesn't seem that bad. But like I've said I have to distance myself, he's bad news, and he runs a mafia, I'm not going to forget that. Allowing myself to be around him will only be putting myself in danger. And if the books I'm reading are correct, I could be killed, as some sick way of revenge. I sighed, the more I think about distancing myself, the harder it gets. Realistically Ace knows where I work and live, along with my name, and God knows what else. So it's not like I can just walk away.

         I mean he did say he knows how to get information on everyone and everything so... I just can't believe I landed myself in this situation. Why wasn't I more careful, and why did that lady have to leave the damn baby. I was brought back to the present when I felt Sage start to move on my chest. I looked down at him and smiled. Thank the lord that I don't have work today. After Ace and Sage leave I can have a self-care day. I need it.

          The last day has been more than enough stress. I just cannot believe I got a baby attached to me within the last 24 hours. Only my dumb ass can manage to do that. My best friend violet always said I can do unspeakable things, but I didn't think this was going to be one of them.

         While I was looking at Sage I thought came into my mind. Where is Ace? I mean logically he would leave his child at a random woman's house. I mean I wouldn't. But I swear if I walk out in my living room and I see he has slept over I will be mad. More at myself than him, because I kinda allowed it but still, I will be mad.

         I slowly lifted sage from my chest and laid him down in the middle of my bed. I placed a blanket over him and walked to my closet. I grabbed some shorts and an oversized Tee-shirt. Since I'm only going to be staying home today, there is no reason I need to be dressing up. I grabbed my clothes and made my way to the bathroom, attached to my room. I left the door cracked in case Sage woke up and started crying.

           I turned the shower on to the temperature I liked and undressed. I got in allowing the water to wash away my thoughts. This is why I like showers, they always calm me down, I would say showers are one of the best things. I began to scrub my body and hair. I finished my ten-minute shower stepping outputting a towel on my body. I quickly dried off-putting on lotion and my clothes. I put some products in my hair and brushed my teeth. Once I was finished I exited the bathroom to see Sage was now awake looking at the ceiling.

          I went over and grabbed him taking him towards my bedroom door, I'm pretty sure he's hungry and needs a diaper change. I opened my door to see Ace asleep on my couch. I rolled my eyes, great. Just the thing I didn't want to happen has happened. I went over to where he was laying trying to locate the diaper bag. Once I saw it on the coffee table I reached over and grabbed it. Once I had safely acquired it I went back to my room, laying sage down, and changing his diaper and clothes. Once I was done I grabbed a bottle from the bag, remembering the formula was still in my kitchen.