part twelve

*Aces POV*

The date between Athena and I just helped me prove further that she was the one. It was one of the best times I've had in a while. Once we got home, it was about four or five in the evening. Sage was down for his nap, so I went to my office to get some work done. I was so tempted to ask Athena to sit with me in my office just for her company, but I didn't. I don't want to seem so clingy. What if that's a turn-off? What if she doesn't feel the same way for me as I do her?

The more I think like that the more, I'm going to drive myself insane. I have to remind myself to try and keep my cool. I sat down at my desk, looking down at the stack of paper I have to do. I began doing them, ever so often a certain brunette would cross my mind. I was halfway done when I heard a knock at my door.

"Come in." I groaned out. Athena came walking in with all her glory. I looked over to see the time and realized I had been in here for hours. I mentally cursed myself. I wanted to hang out with Athena a little bit today. I was so caught up in internally beating myself up, I didn't see what she was doing I looked down at her hands and saw a plate. Did she make dinner for me?

It was steak, potatoes, and vegetables. My mouth watered at the sight. I was so focused on work I forgot I was hungry. She walked over to my desk placing it down. She took a seat in one of my chairs, propping her feet in my desk. She was wearing bunny socks. I laughed at her socks and she just gave me a look of disapproval.

This only made me laugh harder. "I brought you dinner, figured you needed it." She said pushing the plate towards me more. I took it immediately digging in. The steak had just the right amount of seasoning, just the right amount of tenderness, I almost moaned at the taste. One thing about Athena is she never fails to make a good meal. She saw my look once I bit into the steak, so she knew I liked it, she didn't even bother to ask, she already knew her answer.

"You know you shouldn't work so hard." She commented, "After you finish dinner we should go out to the garden again. Like last night" She said. "I would like that," I replied trying to eat quickly so we could go. She just laughed at me trying to stuff my face. "Calm down, or you might choke." She said. I just nodded in response. My mouth was full of food, so I couldn't reply right now.

Once I finally finished, we began our walk to the garden. It was just about to be sunset, so Athena and I got there at the right time. We sat down in our previous spot from the night before, she had laid her head on my shoulder. Watching into the sunset. I wrapped my arm around her small frame, cuddling into her watching the sunset.

I don't think I could ever get tired of this. Being with her. Holding her, kissing her. "I enjoyed our date," I spoke up, remembering the day we shared. "Yeah me too." She responded moving her head to look at me. I looked down at her and smiled, she looked down at my lips before, beginning to move her face closer to mine. I was shocked so I stayed in my spot is she going to kiss me? She to let her eyes fall. Still inching her way over to me.

        Once I realized what she was doing I snapped back into it, I began to move her way to until I felt her plump lips on mine. She tastes like strawberry. And I have this weird feeling of like a spark, I know people always talk about. Her lips were like moulded for mine. Our lips fit together like puzzle pieces. My mind was so hazy, it felt so right. It felt so good. Until she started to pull away. Once she opened her eyes I was met by her dark brown doe eyes.

        I saw the familiar blush appear on her face. I had the biggest genuine smile on my face.  She just laid her head back on my shoulder, playing with the hem of her shirt. God, I wish I could kiss her another million times, it felt so right. I don't know how to explain my emotions I've never been good at it either. But with her, I can be myself, I feel like with being a leader of the mafia I have to put up a strong front, I can't be weak, I can't be kind because that's weakness, I cant be myself, I can't live like that anymore, I need Athena, my Athena.