𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"You should really be resting you know," Levi says as we walk side by side. He had just checked up on me and idiotically announced that he was going to go to the dungeons under the courthouse to wait till Eren woke up. I immediately sprung up from my cot in the infirmity at HQ and declared I was coming with him. He tried to wrestle me onto the bed again, saying that if I wasn't so "stupid" and "idiotic" I would be able to go. Well, actually I probably wouldn't be able to because only Commander Erwin and Levi were allowed to be near Eren, but I always follow Levi around everywhere so it should've been a no-brainer that I would be there too.

As I nearly skipped down the long and low-lit hallways, my side started to flare up with pain, but it wasn't as bad as before. The nurse gave me a few painkillers that I popped right in and some ice to stop the swelling. She also had to restitch the wound since I ripped them while helping Eren complete the mission to take back Trost.

"Stop skipping, you look ridiculous." I just rolled my eyes at the shorty and started to walk normally.

Out of nowhere as we rounded another corner, I let out a gasp, making Levi halt at my side and give me a somewhat irritated look.

"I need to get a book." The grouchy captain beside me rolls his eyes in annoyance.

"No way. I said you were grounded didn't I?"

"Wait, you were serious?" His deadpan expression tells me he was.

"B-But Levi! I'll...I'll die out of boredom if I don't read! Who knows how long that dumbass will sleep for! He's slept for almost a whole day before-"

"Shut it, kid. I don't care how bored you'll be; you're grounded and that's final." I let out a whine and collapse against a wall. Levi just lets out a huff, not even fazed by my actions, and drags me down the stairs to the dungeon. My feet plop down on each step as he basically wrenches my arm out of its socket.

"You're no fun short-stack," I mumble under my breath.

"What was that?"

I huff out a breath. "I said you're-"

"Ah, Levi, Soldier Y/, you're here," A deep voice says. Levi releases the arm he was dragging me by and I fall on my ass against the stone floor. I mentally flip him off inside my head as I get up and dust off my pants. Stupid little moody gremlin-

"Oi, salute your superior, brat." My mood changes completely when I realize that it was Commander Erwin's who spoke.

I give him my sharpest salute with a broad smile. I liked Commander Erwin; he was actually nice, unlike some people. Cough cough, my demon manchild superior.

"Hello, Commander!" I greet with a cheery smile.

"Kiss-ass," Levi mutters from behind me with a cough. My eye twitches with an overwhelming force to smack him upside the head, but I couldn't right now with Commander Erwin in front of us.

"Hello, Y/n, how's your injury doing?"

I shrug, "It's alright. Only had to get a few stitches." He nods. The commander was just wearing a regulatory uniform like everyone else but I saw something bulge out in his coat's pocket. Levi told me I had to stop being nosy but I brushed that to the back of my mind for right now.

"Commander Erwin, what's that?" I ask, pointing towards the rectangle-shaped outline on his clothing.

"Oh right, I knew you'd probably make Levi let you come down here," he brings the object out of his jacket, "so I thought I'd bring you this." He reveals a book in his hand- one I'd been screaming to Levi and Hanji about for the past couple of days.