vier

Four || In This Together

𝐄𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝟎𝟕𝟏𝟑𝟐𝟏

Time seems to pass so quickly. It feels like just yesterday I had watched as my city fell apart. It's been months, maybe a whole year since we first used 3DM gear. I wasn't necessarily keeping track. Today, we are graduating from the training corps.

I'm glad I was able to get in this with friends, as well as come out with them. I'm nervous about our future, however. Me and Eren know for sure that we want to join the Survey Corps. Armin and Mikasa are still unsure. This has me worried about our friendship because we will barely see one another.

I make my way out of my bed and head to breakfast. "Good morning!" I call to my table.

"Hello, Y/n." Armin smiles.

"Morning!" Eren says scarfing down his meal.

"Y/n!" Says Mikasa. I sit down at our table and start to eat. Jean is sitting at the table besides ours. Everyday he found a way to aggravate Eren.

"Guys, I don't see why one of you just can't move tables." I say trying to get them to stop arguing.

"You heard the lady," Jean starts,"Move!"

"I'm her friend and I'm sitting at her table!" Eren says. Jean crosses his arms and looks the other way. "I don't see why you can't just move! You don't talk to her as much as I do!"

Me and Mikasa shake our heads at the immature boys and go back to eating. "Y/n, I'm curious. I've asked Mikasa and Eren but I also want to know from you."

"Go on." I say ready to listen to Armin.

"You know I really want to see the ocean some day. I understand if you don't have an answer like Mikasa and Eren because you've never been there before, but what do you think the ocean smells like?" I ponder the question trying to come up with a good response for the boy. I didn't exactly understand why he wanted to know this right now, but I tried to help him anyway.

"You're tell me that the ocean is basically a large lake?" I ask.

"Yes, one you cannot see the end of."

"Then I would guess the ocean just smells like a lake." The blond boy smiles and nods his head, as does Mikasa and Eren.

"That makes sense," Eren starts,"I would also say that the ocean smells just like the lake." Mikasa nods her head in agreement, seconding the thought.

"Okay, now you just stole my answer, Eren!" I huff, crossing my arms. "I'm just kidding. I'd really like to see the ocean with you guys someday."

"We will!" They say in unison. We finish eating our dinner and sit outside under the stars on some steps. Mikasa and Armin leave to pick up the red scarf that Mikasa had left behind, leaving me and Eren alone together.

"Are you nervous?" He asks me.

"What about?"

"About graduating, and leaving Mikasa and Armin." I pull my legs up to my chest.

"Yes. I don't want to leave them. You guys are all I have left." Eren nods his head and pats my back as to say everything will work out some how.

Mikasa and Armin come back outside to sit with us. "Eren, Y/n, we want to tell you a decision that we had made." Mikasa states.

"I'm listening."

"Me and Armin have decided that we want to join the scouts with you guys. We got in this mess with the both of you and we aren't ready to leave you two yet!" I jump in excitement and hug the girl with a red scarf and the boy with blond hair.

"I'm so glad!" This is the only thing I could find to say. We sit together for a couple more hours, making small talk and joking.

"We should get some sleep," Armin starts, "We have a mission tomorrow." We nod and make our way back to our beds.