zweiunddreiβig

Thirty-Two||The Ocean

One Year Later

We ride on our horses through what looks like a desert. Horses kicked sand in the air, causing my eyes to itch.

I ride past a boulder looking straight at the wall. It was stretched for about 100 feet, so we hadn't seen the end of it yet.

"This is where they turned Eldians into titans." Eren says. I try not to think about such bad things right now, and continue riding forward. Eren continues to speak. "You know, beyond this is...."

I come close and closer to the end of the wall. A boulder blocks my view, so I have to keep riding in order to see what I want to see. There's hill on the other side of the boulder, so we climb up it on the backs of our horses.

Hange is in front of everyone, and I was waiting for their reaction. All I could see was the back of their head, so I didn't know what to think. I came closer and closer to the top. The sun had blinded me for a moment, but once my eyes adjusted, I realized how beautiful this world could be.

I gasp at the sight. The sun reflected beautifully off of the waters. "This is the ocean." I whisper. I look over at Armin, who also seemed to think this was beautiful. I smile at him and take another look at the view.

We tie off our horses and walk down to the waters. I watched as others around me took of their shoes, so I did the same. The sand tickled my feet and I walked down towards the water. I look back at Levi who was sitting down, making himself comfortable.

I turn back around to face the water. Armin had already stepped in and bent down to pick something up. It looked like a strange rock, so I decided to ask the genius what it was.

"What's in your hand, Armin?"

"It's a seashell."

"Seashell?" I got a closer look. It had a swirly pattern and it was a beautiful peach color. I step forward, feeling the cool water run over my feet. I had jumped at first, but then began to get used to it.

I look over and watch as Connie and Sasha act like three year olds, splashing water on each other. "My eyes!" Sasha screeches.

I look over at Jean who decided to taste the water. "SALTY!" I giggle at the children we have for soldiers and look out at the ocean. I couldn't see land on the other side.

Mikasa soon came into the water as well, but she jumped easily at the movements under the water. "It was out here all along, just like I had thought!" Armin exclaims.

"The ocean goes on forever." Eren whispers. I had noticed Eren had never actually looked at the ocean. Instead, he was looking out towards the horizon for the enemies. I turn away from them, listening to Connie, Sasha, and Jean play in the water. I walk back up to Levi, who was smiling down at the soldiers.

"Scared of the water, captain?" I ask.

"Tch. No. I just don't want to get anything dirty." I shake my head at his excuse and sit down next to him.

He hold me closer to him as we admire the ocean, just like we did watching the sun rising and when we looked at the stars. Everything felt safe and peaceful when I was with him.

"The water is so cool. It feels amazing!" I say. He tightened his grip on my shoulder and shifts in the position he was sitting in, almost like he was uncomfortable.

"Levi?"

"Y/n." He says. He gets up off of the ground and pulls me up along with him. I look around us, wondering if there's any danger. I bring my attention back to Levi who was now kneeling down onto one knee. "Y/n?"

"Levi?"

"Y/n, will you be mine?" From his back pocket, he pulls out a ring with a beautiful grey stone in the middle. I cover my mouth in shock and hold his hand. The soldiers around us notice the scene and start to gather around.

"Yes, Levi." I say quietly. I jump into his arms and he wraps his around my body. The cadets around us stare in shock and then start to clap and congratulate us. Levi took my hand and placed the ring on my left ring finger.

"Wow, Y/n. I had no idea it was Levi you liked." Jean said.

"Wait how long have you guys been a thing?" Mikasa asked.

"A little over a year, actually." I said.

"Yeah! And I knew the whole time!" Hange said, proud of themselves.

"You did not know shitty-glasses." Levi said.

"Actually they did." I admit.

"What?!"

"Hange saw me bring two tea cups up to your office and figured it out." I say. Levi scoffs and turns to face away from Hange.

"I did you a favor, Levi. I could have told everyone."

"They've got a point." I say, poking Levi's cheek. He turns back around to face me and then pulls my face down to his. His soft lips come in contact with mine and we kiss in front of all the soldiers.

"Bow-Chika-Wow!" Sasha sings.

"Okay, everyone I think it's time to look away now. BACK TO THE OCEAN!" Hange yells. The soldiers leave us alone and we spend the rest of the trip with each other.

Five Years Later

A child shakes me awake from my sleep.

"Mom!" They whisper in my ear. I wake up and look at my son staring right into my eyes.

"What, Erwin?"

"Mallory won't stop crying!"

"Brat!" Levi whisper-yells beside me, "We're sleeping."

"Levi, it's fine. I'll go calm Mallory down." We have two children, a three year old boy named Erwin and a five month old girl named Mallory.

Levi wanted to name a male child after Erwin. I had heard the name Mallory when I was growing up and always wanted to name a little girl that. Levi decided I could name the girl because I had agreed to use Erwin's name for our son.

I walk up to the cradle where Mallory was crying and I pick her up. Holding her in my arms, I rock her back to sleep.

"Come one, Erwin." I say, lightly pushing his shoulder. I walk back to his bed with him and tuck him in. It was still about 4 in the morning, so we still had more time to rest.

I climb back into the bed with Levi. He wraps his arms around me, and pushes me closer to his chest.

"Love you, brat." He whispers.

"I love you too, Levi."