achtundzwanzig

Twenty-Eight||The Female Titan

I sit in Erwin's office as everyone makes a plan to catch the female titan. My attention wasn't where it should be, and this topic was very important. It looked like Armin's theory might have been correct if we're deciding on capturing it now.

"If the titan transformed before we can get her underground then we will need your help, Eren." Erwin says.

"Yes, sir." Eren responds. "But about the target, are we sure she is in Stohess?"

"Yes. The target is in a member of the Military Police."

"The Military Police?" Eren asks, scratching his chin.

"Armin actually came up with that conclusion. He also believes that this target killed Sawney and Bean. It's also possible she was in the 104th training corps."

"Wait.." I mumble to myself. I shift my weight in my chair, feeling uncomfortable.

"W-wait a second... the 104th?" Eren asks the commander.

"We believe that the girl is..." I wiggle in my seat. "Annie Leonhardt."

꧁ ꕥ ꧂

I hide behind a large building. I look over my shoulder down at the entrance of the underground room. I watch as Annie, Armin, Mikasa and Eren walk on the path of the city.

The come to the entrance of the steps leading underground. The three soldiers walk down the stairs, but the blonde stays back. "Has she seriously figured it out?" I whisper to myself. Armin stats to yell at the woman, almost as if he was panicking.

"Why did you have Marco's Maneuver Gear? I remember the tiniest marks and dings... because we'd repaired them together. I recognized them." Annie looks away from the blond boy.

"I just happened to find his gear." The woman replies.

"Then, you also killed the two titans that we captured. Why did you do it?"

"Who knows? If you thought it was me a month ago, why did you do nothing about it?"

"Because I can't believe it. I didn't want to believe that it was you. But.. what... You didn't you kill me back then. That's why this is happening now."

"I never expected you to push me this far."

"No way." I whisper to myself. I felt bad for the blond boy, that he has to go against his friend because she is casing everybody trouble.

"Hey, Annie!" Eren yells. "Maybe you're some idiot that is going along with this because you have a terrible sense of humor. Get down here now!" I slap my face at Eren who was making it obvious this was a trap for her. There's no way she's going down there now. I think to myself.

"You can prove something to us just by coming down here. Get down here and prove it!" Eren yells.

"I cannot." Annie says. "I have failed to become a warrior."

"I told you your humor is terrible. This is not funny, Annie." Eren says.

"Please, Annie. Let's just talk. We can-" Armin calls. Mikasa stomps her foot on the stairs.

"That's enough." She says. "I can't listen any more. I'll tear the female titan apart." Annie starts to giggle at the people below her.

That's the hottest giggle I've ever heard... I think to myself. But it's still so scary.

Annie sounded like a maniac and decided to speak to them one more time. "I'm glad I could be a good person to you, Armin. You've won you're bet.. But this is where my bet begins!" She brings her finger to her mouth and Eren blasts his gun. The people around us run over to Annie and knock her over. The tie a cloth in her mouth to prevent her from harming herself.

Eren steps forward towards the titan. "Ereh." Mikasa says, holding her hands out to stop him. A bolt of lightening erupts from the crowd holding the woman down.