First Day of School

A/N; The next few chapters are still from the main book, but with things added in to keep it interesting

Via left while Bella was getting ready, wearing a black tank top, ripped skinny jeans, and a red pull over sweater, which was quite large and fell off one of her shoulders. She had on black combat boots, blue hair down to the top of her shoulders. She had done a simple, small cat eye with mascara, and a silver shiny eyeshadow just in the inner corners of her eyes. She sped out the driveway and down the street, Charlie having already left for work so she didn't have to worry about him catching her recklessness.

Bella threw on her jacket over a long sleeved shirt and jeans, some sneakers, and a black headband. She was out the door thirty minutes after Via had left.

Via had gotten to school much too early, meeting Edward and Alice in the parking lot. She explained her dream to them, insisting they be on the lookout for dangerous vampires. They both understood and would relay the information to their siblings and parental figures later. The three entered the school, Alice and Via having their arms linked as always. Just like always, rumors about Via and the Cullens swirled around the school. At one point, Via purposely knocked shoulders with a snickering Jessica Stanley, giving her a dirty look as she passed. Edward sighed and shook his head at the girl.

"Apparently, you're dating all of us at once." He told Via, who laughed once, bitterly.

"At least I can get some." The sophomore joked, earning a pointed look from Edward and a giggle from Alice. They met up with Rosalie, Emmett, and Jasper, and stood talking by Via's locker.

"How's the car, Vi?" Emmett asked as he leaned against a locker.

"He's wonderful." Via gushed, super happy with the vehicle still.

"Didn't you name it?" Jasper asked, raising his eyebrows.

"His name is Damon." Via said defensively.

"Oh my god, Via. Like Damon Salvatore? The Vampire Diaries??" Rosalie gave an exasperated sigh. Via had made her, Alice, and Edward binge watch it every night she would sleep over. She distinctly remembered her blue haired child asking them why they weren't like the Salvatores, making comments like 'at least they don't sparkle' and 'I'm glad you guys don't have compulsion' or 'Stefan is basically Jasper'.

"Yes indeed, my beautiful blonde bombshell." Via giggled, lightly poking Rosalie's nose. The blonde rolled her eyes as the bell rang, and Alice dragged Via to their first class.

When math rolled around, Via sat next to Edward. She spent the class going off his notes, and poking him with her pen. He would glare at her in a playful manner, to which she would poke him as many times as she could in a row without getting caught. He distracted her from the uneasy feeling growing in her chest.

By the time lunch rolled around, Via's leg was bouncing. Something didn't feel right. Rosalie walked with Via to lunch, escorting her through the line. Via built her own salad, a spinach salad with chicken, cucumbers, too many croutons, and way too much Italian dressing. Rosalie snagged an apple for herself, knowing the blue haired girl would want it later... or rather, Rosalie would make her eat it later.

Via sat at the Cullens' table, happily chatting away with Rosalie. Edward had an irritated look on his face, and Via followed his gaze to see Bella at a table with Jessica Stanley talking to her, glancing at their table. Angela looked annoyed with Jessica, and Via wanted to rescue her sister and the photographer girl. She watched as Mike, Tyler, and Eric treated Bella like a toy, anger growing, causing her shaking hands to shake more. She noticed Edward seeming to struggle with his control, and started to panic. She had to do something.

Fuck it.

Via tapped Edward on the shoulder, and when he looked at her with pitch black eyes, she pulled him in and roughly pressed her lips against his, effectively distracting him. When she pulled back, he gave her a small smile to thank her for breaking his focus on whatever human was making him start to lose control, though he wished she had done it in a different manner. Edward tuned Rosalie's chastising the younger girl about PDA out, only focused on the blue haired girl. He began to wonder if she had felt the same rush he did when she kissed him..

"Via, you have... venom.. on your lip." Rosalie whispered. Via blushed bright, swiping her tongue across her bottom lip, uncaring as it didn't effect her. She winked at Edward, and if his heart were beating, it would have stopped. How had he never noticed the way her light eyes sparkled, or how her laugh sounded more melodic?

The bell rang, and Via accompanied Jasper to their next class, squeezing his arm reassuringly as he was tense.

After school, Edward had disappeared. Via hopped in her BMW with Rosalie, speeding out of the parking lot, nearly hitting Jessica on the way through.

"Watch the fuck out, Stanley!" She yelled out the window. "Look both ways when you cross!"

"I know you hate her, but please don't get yourself expelled. I rather enjoy your company." Rosalie scolded. The girls made it to the Swan residence in record time. Rosalie was out of the car first, helping Via out and grabbing the bag of hair dye from the backseat.

As Bella came home and went straight to Via's room to ask her about her friends, she heard giggling. Cautiously entering, she knocked on the open bathroom door.

"Isa!!" Via squealed as her older sister watched the blonde Cullen saturating the fading blue hair with the darker blue from the bottle. "Rosie it's cold!" She complained. That was when Bella had noted her sister was only in a pair of very short shorts and a sports bra, to avoid ruining her clothes with dye.

"What's up?" Via asked. Rosalie ignored Bella, finishing up the bottle of dye.

"I'm going to go make you some hot cocoa and let you two talk." Rosalie told Via, glaring at Bella as she brushed passed her.

"Are you gonna ask about the Cullens, Jessica Stanley's rumors, if I'm dating any of them, etc?" Via asked as she used a makeup wipe to get any dye off her face and the counter.

"I don't want to be that nosey older sister, but she's saying some alarming things..." Bella explained, standing awkwardly in the doorway.

"Well, Doctor Cullen saved me from a very vicious animal attack several months ago, I believe October of 2004. Jacob and dad brought me to the hospital, and they thought I was gonna die. Before that, Rosalie was escorting me to and from the nurse's office to take the pills I am no longer on." Via explained. "I'm not dating Jacob, although I wouldn't mind dating him.... Nor am I dating any of the Cullens, or all of them at once, which, again, I wouldn't mind doing. Jessica has kept that rumor up and going since I got close to them. She's supposed to not talk about me again, so the office will love to hear about this."

"What was... that display during lunch?" Bella asked cautiously.

"Oh, the kiss? Emmett bet me twenty bucks I wouldn't do it, so I did." Via stated with a shrug. "He's a pretty good kisser, though quite old fashioned and did not appreciate it."

"That... makes a lot of sense." Bella nodded. "I just wanted to make sure-"

"No, no. I appreciate it, Isa. You're the only person who has actually asked me instead of assuming. Plus, you're just trying to make sure I'm safe," Via gave her sister a warm smile as Rosalie entered the room, a steaming mug in her hands.

"There's more on the stove if you want a cup, Bella." Rosalie said without looking at the girl. Bella nodded and stuttered out a thank you before exiting the room. Rosalie helped Via wash out the dye fifteen minutes later, and the navy blue hair was back.