La Push

Bella constantly gave Via updates on things Jessica would say, as well as Edward Cullen's behavior during biology. At lunch that day, Jessica had made a snide comment about Via in front of Bella, as well as in earshot of the blue haired girl.

"Hey, Stanley!" Via yelled out in the loud lunch room before any of the Cullens could stop her. As the brown haired girl turned to look at her, the younger Swan pulled her arm back before sending a killer punch straight into Jessica's face. Jessica dramatically dropped to the ground, and Via knelt by her. "Keep my name out of your mouth unless you want to lose some teeth, you rotten, jealous skank." Via hissed before storming off, joining the Cullens as they exited the lunch room. Bella stared after her sister as Jessica picked herself up, nose gushing blood. Edward wrapped his arm around Via's shoulders and whispered something to her, which made the girl visibly relax as they disappeared from sight.

"I think she broke my nose!" Jessica screeched.

"Via isn't that strong, Jess. You'll heal." Mike said in an annoyed tone, rolling his eyes at the girl who scoffed and stormed off dramatically. Bella took out her phone and texted Via, asking where she was going. A few seconds later, she received a reply.

Doctor's appointment

Bella bit her lip as she read the text, wondering why the Cullens were all going. She shook her head and picked at her food as the boys talked about a beach on the Reservation.

"You in, baby?" Eric asked Bella, grinning from ear to ear.

"Can I bring my sister?" Bella asked. The boys all shared worried looks, before Mike spoke up.

"As long as she doesn't punch any of us. Jess deserved it, but I would hate to face her killer right hook."

-

Via was home already when Bella got home, laying with her feet across Charlie's lap on the couch. He was watching the game, and she was reading a book.

"Hey, Bells." Charlie said as she walked in. "I'm ordering pizza tonight; Billy and Sam Uley are coming over for the second half of the game."

"Okay, dad." Bella responded, not bothering to bring up the incident at lunch between Via and Jessica.

"Liv, why are your knuckles all bruised up?" Charlie asked his youngest, concern on his face.

"Jessica Stanley was telling Isa rumors about me again, so I punched her in the face." Via stated casually, not looking up from her book. Charlie smirked and shook his head. Bella waited for him to chastise the girl, but instead he offered her a fist bump.

"That's my girl." He chuckled, returning his attention to the game. He and Via had a close relationship, Bella noted. That was also when Bella realized Charlie had probably taught the girl how to fight.

"Hey, dad? Can Livi and I go to La Push with some friends tomorrow?" Bella asked. Via looked at her sister with raised eyebrows, earning a sheepish smile from Bella.

"Sure, Bells." Charlie smiled at his oldest. "Just be careful."

There was a knock on the door, and Bella answered as she was already standing. There was a tall, muscular native man and Billy Black, offering kind smiles. Bella let them in, and the man who must have been Sam Uley pushed Billy inside.

"Sammy!!" Via squealed, getting up, dropping her book, and rushing to the tall man after he helped Billy into a chair near them to get comfortable and set the wheelchair off to the side.

Sam caught the girl with one arm just as she leaped at him. He held her as if she was a toddler, grinning.

"What's up, kid?" He asked. Via poked his nose and hugged him before he set her down. His attention turned to her knuckles. "What happened?"