Prom?

It took a lot of convincing to get Via to go to prom. It had been about a month, and Via had just started eating twice a day instead of once a day. After Edward dropping hints and at one point almost begging because he wanted to take her and see her in the dress she already bought, she finally caved.

The Swan girl's blue hair was black and a darker navy blue, cut to be right above her shoulders and in nice ringlets. She wore the star covered black dress that Bella had picked out, as well as the matching shoes. Her makeup consisted of silver eyeshadow, black eyeshadow replacing the usual wing, mascara, and blood red lipstick.

Edward and Charlie sat in comfortable silence waiting on the girl. When she descended the stairs, they both stood. Charlie couldn't help the small smile that came to his face as he saw his daughter. Her mother would have loved this moment, as well as her date. Via hugged her father, who insisted on taking a photo, as Gracie would have wanted him to.

Edward wrapped his arm around the girl's waist, giving a dazzling smile. Via had a gentle smile on her face, as she was struggling with happiness still. After the picture was taken, Edward lead Via out to his car. The drive was quiet, Edward holding one of Via's hands as she stared out the window, humming softly along with the music. She released his hand to tap against his open palm to the beat of the song, something he had grown used to her doing.

Once they arrived, he got out of the car and helped her out. She held onto his arm as they entered the building. He looked down at her at just the right moment to see her brilliant smile at the bright decor. Someone snapped a photo just at that moment, which startled the girl but she still thanked the photographer.

"Are you glad we came?" Edward asked her, leaning in close to her ear so he wouldn't have to shout above the music.  Via nodded in excitement, leading him over to the drinks. She grabbed a can of soda and opened it carefully before taking a drink. Edward tensed slightly as Mike Newton approached the two of them.

"Wow, you look stunning, Via!" He exclaimed, grinning down at the girl. She thanked him, giving a small curtsy and a slight giggle. He greeted Edward as well. Mike seemed to know better than to ask about how she was coping, because as soon as he saw Jessica, he said his goodbyes and made his way over to the jealous girl.

The couple stood near a wall, observing as Alice and Jasper danced quite a difficult dance, Via giggling at how in awe the human onlookers were. After she finished her soda and discarded the can in a nearby trash can, Edward took her hand and lead her out of the crowd, noticing how her mind seemed to become more erratic from the overwhelming crowd.

"Thank you." She breathed out a sigh of relief as they walked. He lead her to a beautifully lit gazebo, spinning her as they walked.

"Are you having a good time?" He asked her. She nodded quickly, still grinning from ear to ear.

"I almost feel bad for being so happy... but also, she wouldn't have wanted me to stop my life because hers ended too." Via took another deep breath, keeping herself calm. They could hear the music faintly as it switched to a slow song. Edward placed his hands on her waist, guiding her to dance with him. She reached up to place her hands loosely around his neck, swaying with him.

"You deserve to feel happy, Via." He stated.

"You make me happy." Via told him, which caused him to smile.

The two swayed in comfortable silence, and at one point Via leaned her head against his chest. A gust of wind caused chills to go down the girl's spine, and goosebumps to appear down her arms. Edward shrugged off his suit jacket and helped her into it so she could stay warm.

"Wow, such a gentleman." She teased, pulling the jacket around her a bit tighter.

"I thought you didn't want me to be a gentleman." Edward joked as Via began walking out of the gazebo. He followed behind her, curious as to where she was going.