8| 𝑎 𝑏𝑎𝑟 𝑜𝑓 𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑐𝑜𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑒

song: somebody by justin bieber

┌────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┐

Ⲥⲏⲁⲣⲧⲉꞅ 8

"So, what about your effed-up family story?" Azelie inquired softly, looking up at Liam's baby blue gaze as sand filled her toes. His hand was tangled in hers as they walked alongside the darkened beach beside her house. Her lips still tingled from the enthralling feeling of Liam's lips on hers, kissing her into dream-like oblivion an hour earlier.

Still in disbelief that she actually did that so early into their date, Azelie was glad that she did. It proved to her that the two of them had more than a riveting emotional connection, but a physical attraction as well.

"Well..." He trailed mysteriously, a large, bright grin on his face, pale skin illuminated by the full moon. His high cheekbones and sharp nose never looked better under the only source light, "You've already met Lele and Ton. So, I guess that's all my family. At least those that are alive,"

Azelie nodded and chewed her bottom lip as a wild thought occurred to her. She remembered the hyper, curly-haired, blue-eyed little girl that had Liam enamoured by her. Was Lele's mother still in Liam's life? Azelie wasn't exactly sure. While she never kept a thorough eye on magazines, she was certain that Liam never had a baby. Did he adopt Lele?

Making sure to be careful of her words in the case that it was a touchy subject, Azelie asked, "Is Lele's mother still in her life?"

Liam sighed and briskly replied, "No. She is dead,"

So, it was a touchy subject after all.

"Oh. Like dead to you or-"

"Both. Actually dead. Heroin overdose."

"Oh,"

Pregnant silence filled the space between the both of them as Azelie tried to find the words to comfort the man next to her. Death was a topic Azelie never was good at discussing, because of how she was always determined to see good, light, life. She always believed that what you manifested into your life is what you attracted, so positivity was the central part of her character.

"I'm sorry for your loss,"

Liam shook his blonde hair as he let out a sardonic chuckle, "It doesn't matter,"

Then, he looked at her.

Oh.

Even though his words were nonchalant, the pain in his blue orbs could not be ignored, the deep darkness of grief that filled them. Azelie searched their depths, falling deeper within them as she softly noted, "She was important to you,"

"She was, yes,"

His voice was low and thick with emotion as he stared into her brown eyes. But all that Azelie could think in this intimate moment was: Just how important was she to Liam? Almost as if he could sense the connections her racing mind was making, he added, "She was my twin sister. Liliana Jessica,"