17| 𝑏𝑙𝑢𝑒𝑏𝑒𝑟𝑟𝑦-𝑝𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑜𝑠 𝑚𝑢𝑓𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑠

"Okay, so are the bouncy house people contacted and paid for?"

"Yep. The balloons are arranged and the decor is complete. Food is covered. Everything is good, man," Maximo reiterated to the nervous actor who practically wore a hole in the marble floor due to his incessant walking.

Liam was shitting his pants.

It was a guardian's worst nightmare. A toddler's birthday party and unfortunately for Liam, he was blessed with the most indecisive toddler yet. Lele Wright was so indecisive that her fourth birthday party happening tomorrow had a Princess Tiana-Frozen-Encanto-Moana-Under the Sea (with only Black Ariels)- Space-Puppy-Pizza Cheese theme.

Don't even ask how Liam managed that.

So, naturally, all her school friends were told to come in whatever costume they liked (Again, except white Ariel. Lele had serious animosity between her and that little mermaid for whatever reason.)

Azelie was currently piping frosting onto cupcakes for the next day's event, and although Liam offered to pay officially, she put a stop to that idea, claiming it was Lele's birthday gift. However, Liam already knew he would be paying her in more creative ways later tomorrow.

But, there was another reason why Liam was so scared and that reason was supposed to call him in exactly thirty minutes. He was certain he was ready for this next step; he had been making progress in therapy, applying all his coping strategies toward his life, and working on healing his heart.

The Wright family needed at least one win this year.

Before Liam could fuss over some other tiny detail that probably would not matter the next day, a phone rang loudly, causing Liam, Maximo, Ant and Mikey to look at a round for the cause abruptly.

"Sorry, I'll just step out to take this," Azelie muttered softly, placing her piping bag down after looking at the Caller ID with a confused expression. As Azelie headed towards the sprawling backyard, the loud noise of the gardener's leaf blower blocked her conversation.

Liam watched her briefly from inside the house, observing her frustrated expression earnestly. Her brows furrowed in anger and sadness and she paced as she listened to whoever was on the phone. He did not even have time to notice the large front door opening and closing, as the noises of the pool boy, gardener and decor team filled the house.

"I'm just scared. I just want this meeting to go well. If it doesn't, Lele will get put in the system..." Liam expressed this to his closest friends and they noticed the worry in his words.

Ant looked up from his laptop and shrugged, brown eyes sincere, "Look, you got this in the bag, man. Don't even sweat it. You a good dad to that little kid. Everyone knows it and the Social Services woman will know it too once she see the Frankenstein party you throwing for the kid."

Before Liam could reply gratefully, Azelie came back into the house, her previous bubbly expression gone and replaced with a worry that matched his.

"Uh... I have to go home, babe. Stuff went down and I need to call.... my family."