19| 𝑏𝑖𝑟𝑡ℎ𝑑𝑎𝑦 𝑐𝑎𝑘𝑒

Liam's voice reverberated with frustration and desperation, his emotions reaching a breaking point as he confronted the Chief of Police at the LAPD

Liam's voice reverberated with frustration and desperation, his emotions reaching a breaking point as he confronted the Chief of Police at the LAPD. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN NOTHING CAN BE DONE?" he roared, his heartache and fear evident as he pleaded for help to find his missing niece.

The representative from the mayor's office responded calmly, but Liam could feel the weight of their words like a crushing blow. "I understand, Mr. Wright, but it needs to be at least 24 hours before we declare an Amber Alert. Your level of fame could cause panic among your fans, and Lele might be in even more danger."

Struggling to contain his emotions, Liam knew he was not usually rude, but the love he had for his niece overshadowed everything else. He could almost hear the voices of his late father and Azelie chastising him in his head for his behavior. Taking a deep breath to regain some composure, he spoke with a quiver in his voice, "Look, she is the only blood family I have. I can't lose her. I will not."

His cerulean eyes bore into theirs, cold and determined, as he raised a finger to the recorders on the table, a symbol of the seriousness of the situation. Liam's heart raced with fear, and he fought back tears threatening to fall, the cool air of the mayoral office offering little relief to the turmoil raging within him. "I understand, Mr. Wright-" the representative began again.

"No, you do not," Liam interrupted firmly, steeling his expression. He knew being rude might be the only way to get the authorities to act swiftly. Behind him, his team of lawyers stood confidently, ready to fight for Lele's return.

Liam carried the heavy burden of knowledge about the LAPD's shadowy secrets, especially when it concerned celebrities and their kin. He was all too aware of the falsified documents, tampered interviews, and the sinister maneuvers law enforcement could pull when the allure of money beckoned. 

Whispers from friends and co-workers had exposed tales of billionaires creating clandestine offshore accounts to sway the conscience of those in power.

But this time, they had crossed a line he couldn't bear. This was about his family, and he wasn't about to let her become pawns in this treacherous game. The fire of determination blazed in his eyes as he vowed to protect her at all costs.

"I don't give a flying fuck about the bullshit y'all play here. I don't give a fuck about the other investigations y'all have fucked with-"

The Mayor's icy demeanor intensified as she sharply addressed Mr. Wright, her voice carrying a warning that sent shivers down the spines of those present. A slim white woman, her political facade masked her true beliefs, aligning more with "Christian" Republican values akin to gun-slingers in rural Texas.

In a searing retort, Liam's eyes blazed with intensity, undeterred by the tension in the room. "Are they unfounded, Madame Mayor? Because I am quite sure that if I, after committing a crime under the jurisdiction of this city, were to offer a substantial sum of money—enough to fund more officers, erect statues, and even secure a Senatorial election or House of Reps seat—disguised as a charitable donation or deduction, any incriminating evidence against me would suddenly be labeled as mere 'unfounded accusations.'"