13| 𝑐𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑙𝑖𝑒 𝑠𝑜𝑢𝑓𝑓𝑙𝑒

A WEEK LATER

A WEEK LATER

"Okay, let's take this scene from the top." Lofen King's voice echoed from the loudspeaker and Liam nodded anxiously as Alina Jasmine stood at the doorway of the fake set. "We are starting from the line 'Thomas, I am not fated with the luxury of choice'."

Taking deep breaths, Liam finally met the gaze of Alina as the beep that signalled the start of cameras rolling filled his ears. He forced his face into a stern, yet concerned expression, trying to emanate the distinct character of Thomas Blakin. In response, Alina took a couple steps forward towards him, and Liam felt himself fight the urge to leave the set at her proximity.

Chill, Liam. Just think of Azelie.

While the strategy was a brilliant one, he was still uncomfortable, as Alina ran through her romantic lines, staring deep into his eyes. He had no choice, unfortunately, as he was being paid millions for this specific film and had signed an iron-clad contract that would be hell to get out of.

Not to mention the fact that he actually liked the concept of the film.

He just did not like his co-star.

The entire crew and cast were now located 5 hours away from Los Angeles, in the state of New York. The beautiful September weather was unbeatable, the crisp mountain air refreshing. They were but a couple of hours away from the city itself, in a comfortable small town that allowed them to film extravagant stunts and smaller scenes. Filming was only supposed to take two weeks, but Liam was already ready to go home.

To her.

He thought of a precious moment they had prior to his departure and fought back a cheesy grin as Alina completed her monologue.

After Azelie found out that the Delianos were in the process of buying her lot, she had been trying to sell more goods, in hopes of raising more money to keep it. She worked late and rose early, refusing any monetary help from Liam and even Victor, who both offered to buy her a whole new complex if she wished.

She refused adamantly.

In response, Liam tried to cheer her up by taking her on a yacht for a day, as Victor researched more about the new buyers on his own. Even though her nerves were rampant, Liam remembered their sincere, heart-racing conversation.

•••••

"When you were 18, did you ever imagine yourself where you are now? Career-wise, that is," Azelie abruptly inquired, a comforting smile on her face as she watched the clear blue sky, the boat swaying underneath them. Liam turned towards her, taking a sip of his mimosa as he took a breath.

"When I was 18, I knew I was going to get here. I just didn't know it was going to be so soon, I guess," Liam answered sincerely, "I was convinced I was going to be at least 30 before I got my first role."