Chapter 1

I'm just going to be doing a rewrite of Batwoman, since after watching the episode Survived Much Worse and I decided that I'd go with it. Hope you guys don't mind, but I think that you'll like this version better. FYI, this version of the story will have some new twists in it that I hope you enjoy.

Kate Kane was very confused. The last thing she remembered was standing with the other paragons at the Dawn of time with her fellow paragons as she watched Oliver Queen do what she could only describe as big bang a new universe into existence before she blacked out.

Now as she came too, she found herself lying in a very comfortable bed, but what really got her attention was the fact that she felt someone sleeping next to her and they were both naked.

"What the hell happened to me?" Kate asked.

"You're lucky I'm not offended by the fact that you don't remember what we did last night. Especially considering how many people would kill to get a private audience with the Queen." the woman Kate had apparently slept with.

"I wasn't trying to offend you." Kate said as suddenly, the woman's name appeared in her mind.

"Safiyah." Kate said.

"Well, I wanted to give you a proper farewell, since I knew I couldn't keep you here on Coryana forever, no matter how much I wish I could. There are few who've been able to satisfy me the way you have." Safiyah asked.

"I could say the same. Perhaps we have time for one more audience before I have to leave." Kate said and that was only her mildly playing along with the situation because this woman was gorgeous and if she was about to leave, she wanted to make sure she actually knew what this Safiyah woman was like in bed for herself.

Later, after Kate had showered and gotten dressed, she was trying to figure out what the hell was going on and how she'd gotten here, since she'd never been here before in her life.

"I really wish I knew what was going on here." Kate said out loud, right as she found herself whisked away the castle she'd apparently been staying in and was now standing in a place that she could automatically tell was the Monitor's realm.

"I thought you were dead." Kate said as she turned to see Mar Novu standing there.

"And I was. But like everyone and everything else in the universe, I was reborn and now I'm here to answer your questions, since I'm sure you have plenty of them." Novu said.

"What the hell happened. The last thing I remember was being at the Dawn of time and now I'm here, waking up in bed with a gorgeous woman that I have no idea who she is, but apparently she knows me rather intimately." Kate said.

"You are here because this is where your counterpart was at this time in this new world, since you and the other paragons took the places of your counterparts in this new universe." Novu explained.

"Okay, I guess that makes sense kind of." Kate said.

"I know it is hard for you to wrap your head around this idea, but it is true. Also, I feel I should warn you that it is the year 2011." Novu said.

"Okay, why?" Kate asked.

"Because today is the day that Oliver Queen returned home from Lian Yu. A day that is also commonly known as the day the age of heroes began." Novu said.

"I'm guessing that's because Oliver was the one who actually set off the big bang." Kate asked.

"Correct. However, that also means that you have not yet become Batwoman, though your cousin Bruce has already deserted the city as Batman, since it would appear that the timeline has been accelerated in some aspects." Novu said and Kate nodded.

"Is there anything else I need to know about?" Kate asked.

"Just like you, the other paragons have also entered this world on this same date with their memories intact, though I have taken the precaution of erasing Lex Luthor's memories now that he is no longer useful. And just like I did them, in order to ensure that you are able to blend in on this new world without drawing suspicion, I am going to give you the memories of your counterpart from this world." Novu said and Kate was actually a little relieved, since that would make fitting in a lot easier for her as Novu gave her the memories of her counterpart before sending her back to earth, leaving Kate reeling as she went through the memories of her other self, though they were pretty much the same up until after she'd been expelled from Point Rock.

It turns out that she'd been a target even before she'd put on the suit, since while she'd been planning on undergoing the same training she'd gone through last time, but instead, before her private jet had even reached its first stop on her journey, it had been shot down and while she'd barely managed to survive the crash, she still likely would've died had she not been fortunate enough to wash up on the shores of Coryana, home of the Desert Rose. The island's ruler Safiyah had taken an interest in her, most likely because of her looks, but anyways, Safiyah had used the Desert Rose to heal Kate's injuries from the crash. However, in exchange for the cure, Safiyah had attempted to get Kate stay on Coryana with her forever, but the most she'd gotten was five years, since that was the deal that Kate had agreed to in exchange for being healed by the desert rose, since while Coryana was rather primitive in terms of technology, Kate had no doubt that Safiyah could remove the desert rose from her system as easily as she'd given it. But while she'd been living large on Coryana, Kate also knew that her family likely thought she was dead and unless her father was different this time around, he'd likely already given up on her like he had Beth, though fortunately Kate had not become a psychopath. Though that might be because she wasn't held hostage and it hadn't been anywhere near as long as Beth had.

But now it was time for her to go home for so many reasons. In addition to the fact that Coryana had no technology whatsoever, Kate knew that her family had been mourning her long enough, or at least her father and Mary had, she doubted Alice had and she was sure that Catherine had helped her father move on again and Gotham needed Batwoman to take the place of Batman. But perhaps even more importantly, now she needed to find out who it was that shot down her plane and why, since she highly doubted it was an accident.