Chapter 14

That night, Kate and Luke were standing in the Batcave, watching the news report regarding Catherine's arrest, since it had not taken long for word about that to spread.

"Today has been quite a day for surprises as we learn that Catherine Hamilton, the CEO of Hamilton Dynamics, has been arrested for charges of corruption, since we have now learned that she paid off Gotham City officials to fake the results of the DNA tests for both Gabi and Beth Kane after the two were thought to be dead after a car crash 15 years ago. Ms. Hamilton's family has been unavailable for comment, though rumor is that her marriage to Crows founder Jacob Kane is now over and while Commander Kane himself has refused to comment at this time, he has announced that the Crows will be launching an intensive investigation to find out just how far this corruption in the GCPD goes. His daughters Kate Kane and Mary Hamilton have also been unavailable for comment, though there have been questions about whether or not Mary Hamilton will take her mother's place as the new CEO of Hamilton Dynamics." Dana Dewitt said over the news, right as Kate paused it.

"Not a chance. Mary wants nothing to do with anything regarding her mother." Kate said.

"How's she holding up?" Luke asked.

"Ryan's with her now, I told her I'd stop by to check in on her later. But I do have another reason." Kate said.

"And that would be?" Luke asked.

"To get Mary's permission to buy Hamilton Dynamics and make it a part of Wayne Enterprises, in that way, I can ensure that the coil accelerator is shut down and destroyed and also actually direct the company to do some real good in the world." Kate said and Luke nodded.

"I think that's a smart move, especially getting Mary's blessing first, though I also think that you should wait awhile, otherwise, it might look like you accused Catherine just so that you could acquire her company, which wouldn't be good for making sure that Catherine does serve her time and it also wouldn't look good for you, since that might not send out the best message for this company." Luke said.

"And here I thought you weren't business savvy." Kate said with a smile.

"I said I didn't know much about real estate. Actual business however, that's another story." Luke said and Kate chuckled.

"Speaking of, I need your help with something not Batwoman related.

"Okay, with what?" Luke asked.

"Finding investors to help get this company back on its feet." Kate said.

"Wow, you almost sound like a real business woman." Luke said.

"Shut up." Kate said as she smacked him.

"So, what's the plan in the meantime." Luke asked.

"We make sure that Catherine can't buy her way out by taking down the guilty trinity. We'll go after Calverick, since we know that he actually has hard evidence of their guilt." Kate said.

"Sounds like a plan. You want some Huntress help?" Luke asked.

"No. Not sure I can trust Helena, simply because of what she was in the old reality." Kate said.

"You mean a villain?" Luke asked and Kate nodded.

"Kate, we can't just judge Helena for actions she committed in another life. Besides, from what I remember, it sounds like she just wanted her father Frank Bertinelli to pay and then she began to atone." Luke said.

"Still, it's hard to break a habit." Kate said.

"She's also your cousin and has been since Bruce adopted her when she was a baby." Luke said.