Characters list

NOTE: In Chinese, Japanese, and Korean, the last name is said before the first name.
Remember this is the National Revolutionary Army, it could have different ranks than the US.
Everyone armed with Type 24 rifles automatically gets an HY1935 Bayonet in their equipment

Y/N

Rank: Second Lieutenant

Age: 28

Weapons: Type 24 rifle, M1911A1, Dadao

Bio: When Y/N was only 15 years old, he joined the National Revolutionary Army after the Marco Polo Bridge Incident and fought against the Japanese. Wounded by shrapnel from a grenade while fighting in Shanghai put him out of action until Wuhan. After spending time in the wartime capital, Chongqing, he was eventually sent to Burma, where he received better training and equipment from American officers. After the Japanese surrender, his unit was airlifted to Manchuria. His company and other veteran divisions led an offensive to Harbin, crippling the Communist People's Liberation Army, making the Nationalists victorious.

Cheng Sun

Rank: Private first class

Age: 17

Weapons: Type 24 rifle, C96 Mauser, Dadao

Bio: A well-trained but inexperienced private who only joined a year before the end of the Civil War. Before joining the NRA, he was only a worker at an arsenal, mostly producing firearms throughout the Second Sino-Japanese War and Civil War. Most of his family were murdered by the Japanese in Nanjing, and others barely escaped to Chongqing. The memories of his family's deaths still fresh in his mind and he developed a hateful behavior against the Japanese.

Zhang Wei

Rank: Superior Private

Age: 19

Weapons: SIG KE7, M1903 Hammerless, Dadao

Bio: Originally served in the army of the Shanxi Clique, he officially entered the NRA after the integration of the warlord armies and the Central Army by Chiang Kai-shek. Although he didn't mind being a part of the Central Army, he misses home in Guangdong. His only military experience is raiding suspected communist cells often killing anyone who resisted.

Li Shen

Rank: Corporal

Age: 30

Weapons: ZB vz. 26 LMG, M1903, Dadao

Bio: A veteran of the Second Sino-Japanese War and the Civil War. Was forced conscripted by press gangs in 1940 and nearly died of starvation while training. After being separated from his army group, he made contact with local KMT guerrillas in the province of Hubei and led raids on Japanese supply lines and reinforcements. His experience in raids proved useful to disrupting Communist supply lines.

Xu Chynna:

Rank: Private first class

Age: 23

Weapons: Hanyang Thompson, Hi-Power, HY1935 bayonet

Bio: A combat medic and the only few women that were allowed to volunteer in the NRA as either medics or logistical support. She received her medical education at the Medical College of Shanghai (NOTE: Now the Fudan University Shanghai Medical College in real life after several renames). Although she was only a medic, she also fought on the frontlines when enemy forces closed in on the field hospitals she worked in. Saved the lives of many soldiers, though she was forced to amputate their limbs as a last resort. After the Civil War, she worked in the Nanjing General Military Hospital before being recalled back to military service after the attempted invasion of Nanjing.

Adonis Aetos

Rank: Staff Sergeant

Age: 25

Weapons: M1 Garand, M1911A1, Ka-Bar knife

Bio: A Greek-American whose parents immigrated to America in search of better financial opportunities. When the Great Depression struck the US, he was lucky enough to be employed in a factory and lived in a cramped apartment with family in New York City. After the bombing of Pearl Harbor, he rushed to join the US Army and quickly rose to the rank of Staff Sergeant. The victory at the Battle of the Philippines gave a supply line to assist the Nationalist Chinese forces in India and was sent there as a liaison officer to train the Chinese X force to become the New 1st Army.

2/26/2021 EDIT 1: Added Zhang Wei as a new character and new information

A/N: Chapter 2 is being worked on in the meantime. It will be released at least a week or less. In the meantime, if you want to see progress in my fanfics and want to help speed up the process of each chapter, please join my discord server link below.

https://discord.gg/4zrn3XQS