Chapter 5 Standoff

Here we are, where the Flame Dragon razed the village to the ground 3 days ago. There was nothing left other than a well. Just in time as my canteen ran out of water. I took a flashlight and looked in the well for any water. Wait, what's that? Is that a survivor? I looked closely to see a silhouette of a person barely floating.

Y/N: Someone, get a rope, I think I found someone!

I lowered myself down to the bottom of the well. How long was she here? Her body is freezing. I carried her on my shoulder and ordered everyone to pull me up.

Y/N: Chynna, give her a medical checkup. She was probably down there for 3 days. I don't know if she could've survived that.

Chynna: She's freezing, we're gonna have to remove her clothing.

I took out a blanket from my backpack and placed it next to Chynna.

Y/N: Do what you need to do. I brought a spare uniform. Hmm. Those ears look strange, they're pointed to the sides.

I was about to touch the ears but backed off when Chynna glared at me. Leilei stepped in to examine the body.

Leilei: She's an elf.

Adonis: She says she's an elf?

Y/N: What?

I have no idea what the hell he's saying. What is an elf?

Y/N: Alright, we came for what we were assigned to do, and found nothing other than a survivor. Let's move to Italica and back home.

2 hours later

We're almost at Italica and there's smoke rising. Did the Flame Dragon attack that town just now?

Y/N: Everyone load up. The Flame Dragon might be here.

I was wrong, it wasn't a dragon, but it's still very bad. It looks like they have gone through a siege seeing all the fortifications present and we just happen to arrive after it. After seeing us, archers aimed their bows at us.

???: Who's there? Show yourselves!

I held up my hands in the air and motioned Rory and Leilei out of the half-track. Adonis shouted back.

Adonis: We are not a threat, we are just here to do some business. I know, we picked a bad time to come here.

After seeing Rory Mercury, the defenders of Italica let us in, eyes filled with fear. Guess being a Grim Reaper can ignite fear in some people. I was greeted by the defense commander, her name is "Pina Co Lada"? What is with their strange names? I heard of several French generals with unusually long names, but this is the strangest. A meeting is held regarding the matter. Turns out Pina is the leader of the Rose Order of Knights and her reinforcements will arrive in 2 days. But seeing the situation, they won't make it through a single day.

Y/N: What happened here? Who attacked you?

Adonis: My commander asked who attacked you.

Pina: Bandits, seemed to be from the soldiers of the allied armies that went to Alnus hill.

I shifted uneasily in my chair. The thought of artillery bombardment against the combined forces stuck in my mind.

Y/N: Tell her... Tell her that we are from the army that decimated the allied coalition.

Adonis: We are the army from Alnus hill and we would aid in the defense of this city. We have around 30 soldiers.

Pina: You are from Alnus Hill, why do you want to help us? And how can 50 soldiers defeat a bandit group of 500?!