The Tests

The next day,
Charizard started eyeing up Greninja in a challenging way, "so kid, looks like we're battling first," Charizard roared, Greninja nodded "and I wouldn't have it any other way," everyone was confused by this behaviour except for Ash, Delia, Gary and Professor Oak. "Ash would you mind clueing us in on what's going on?" Kukui asked him, "you see Charizard is challenging Greninja to see how strong it is, the same thing will happen to my alola pokemon it's not just towards Greninja," Ash told everyone "the match ups will probably be as even as they can be, so it'll probably be:
Torracat vs Infernape,
Krookadile vs Lycanrock,
Bulbasoar vs God Rowlet,
Melmetal vs Sceptile
Talonflame vs Pidgeot," Ash told them, "wow this is gonna be like an inferno overdrive of a time I just can't wait!" Kukui shouted excitedly as if he was young roarie again (if you don't know its the nickname Ash gave him when Celebi teleported him to the past).

(Yes I am aware that Meltan evolved to Melmetal during the alola league but its my story so I don't care this is how I think it should be deal with it).

Charizard started the battle with a flamethrower, Greninja skilfully dodged it just by moving its head to the right a bit "this is child's play," Greninja mocked, as it rushed in and used night slash and cut at the exact same time dealing a significant amount of damage. After a lot of back and forth Greninja eventually won it, the victors for the other battles were: Torracat, Krookadile, God Rowlet, Sceptile and finally Pidgeot. 

"Man those were some amazing displays of strength and determination! Their fiery spirits are hotter than Wella Volcano" Kiawe exclaimed with the upmost joy and compassion, everyone agreed, "But it still doesn't explain their strengths science couldn't possibly explain any of what we just witnessed!" Faba noted everyone just sighed and decided to ignore him.

They all heard a loud boom coming from Melemele Island, they decide to go check it out little did they know who they were about to face was perhaps one of if not the most evil man in history Lysander...