Toll Booth

The Toll Booth is a scary urban myth about a man who has a terrifying experience when he encounters a gang of youths one night.

A man got a job working at a toll booth on a motorway. He had to work nights and often sat alone in the booth, waiting for a car to pull up. It was very boring because there weren't many cars traveling on that particular motorway.

One night, the man was so bored that he almost fell asleep in his chair. Just then, he saw some headlights approaching. When the car pulled up at his toll booth, he could hear loud music blaring from inside. The window rolled down, and he saw a gang of four youths sitting in the car.

The driver grinned up at him and said, "Hey Grandpa, how much is the toll?"

"Two dollars," replied the man.

"Are you kidding me?" Complained the driver. "Every day it is more expensive."

"Maybe," said the man, "but don't blame me. I only work here."

The driver reached out and handed him a five-dollar note to pay the toll. The man took the money and put it in his box.

"Here's your change, sir," he said, trying not to make eye contact with him.

"What a ripoff!" Said the driver angrily. "And speaking off ripoffs..."

Suddenly, the man felt a strong hand grab his wrist, and a chill ran down his spine. He looked up just in time to see the driver snapping a handcuff on his wrist. Without another word, the driver floored the accelerator and took off at high speed.

As the car sped off, the man saw that the handcuff was tied to a rope. The rope was being pulled 

from the car's window.

The man stood paralyzed by fear. He desperately tried to pull the handcuff off, but it was to no use. He attempted to undo the knot, but it was too tight. He did not know how much rope was inside the car. He expected to be yanked out of the toll booth window and dragged down the motorway at any time. Or have his arms suddenly torn off.

When all seemed lost, the other end of the rope harmlessly fell out of the car's window.

The youths had played a prank on him. The rope was never tied to the car. It was just a bad joke, and the thugs wanted to give the man the shock of his life.