Tikbalang

Origin: Philippines

The Tikbalang or "demonic horse" is a creature from Philippine folklore.

It is a tall, bony humanoid creature that has the head and hooves of a horse. The Tikbalang also has extremely long limbs.

The Tikbalang is said to lurk in the mountains and forests at night, looking for women to sexually assault and bring new Tikbalangs to the world.

According to the legend, when a fetus is aborted, it comes to limbo. There the fetus is transformed into a Tikbalang.

The Tikbalang can come off as a playful and mischievous demon to some. Yet, it can also come off as a dangerous psychopath that loves to hurt humans.

The Tikbalangs can turn humans insane and make them disoriented, as well as introduce hallucinations to them. In many versions of the legend, the demon can present a riddle to its prey. If the prey answers correctly, then the Tikbalang will reward them with a pot filled with gold, and they are free to go. If the answer is incorrect, then the prey will remain lost in the forest.

There are also ways to avoid a Tikbalang. If you feel the presence of a Tikbalang, you can put your shirt on backward. Or ask the creature for permission to cross the forest or not make any noise to avoid disturbing the Tikbalang.

You can also enslave a Tikbalang. This will take three hairs from his head. If you enslave a Tikbalang, it will remain a loyal servant and will guide you out of the forest.