Dead Man's Hand

The Dead Man's Hand is an urban legend about the most dangerous cards that can be dealt in a poker game. Two black Aces and two black Eights. The story goes that anyone who has dealt a dead man's hand in a game of poker dies immediately.

Unlike most hands in poker, the Dead man's hand only contains four cards instead of five, because you die before you receive the fifth card.

In 1876, the legendary Old West lawman, Wild Bill Hickok, was playing poker in a saloon in the town of Deadwood. He was dealt four cards in the game and when he turned them over, he realized he had been dealt the dead man's hand.

He was dead before he got the fifth card. He had been shot in the back of the head and killed instantly. His body slumped forward over the poker table, still gripping the fateful cards in his left hand.

In order for it to work, you must be dealt the cards in this order, Eight, Ace, Eight, Ace. You see, "H" is the eighth letter of the alphabet, you when you get 8A8A, what the cards are really spelling out is "HAHA". It's like the universe is laughing at you. 

So, if you are ever playing poker and someone deals you an 8 and then an Ace and then another 8 and then another Ace... Look behind you! Because the chances are you're never going to be dealt another card.