Chapter 13.

Sophie

This night was turning out to be much more fun than I'd anticipated. The brownies got me a regular invitation to Game Nights, but Jimin assured me it applied to drop by whenever I wanted, and that they would have said so even without the brownies.

The game of the night was called Trivia. Since it'd been my first time hearing about it, I sat back for a few rounds while Jimin and Jungkook explained it to me. It was fairly simple. Each team picked a card from a pile based on the spot they landed on. Each spot belonged to a category; sports, music, art, geography & history, media. If your team answered correctly, you could throw the dice and move on, otherwise, the other teams had a chance to answer by shouting the team's name when the timer ran out.

By the third round, I got the hang of it. When Jimin picked a card from the media pile, I was right next to him, nestled between him and Jungkook, and practically buried between two walls of pure muscle.

The second he read the question, Jimin's brows furrowed. I leaned over to read it, enjoying Jimin's delicious floral-smelling cologne. Somehow this guy managed to smell even better than he looked.

The card read: What is the title of the 2004 romantic drama starring Ryan Gosling?

Jungkook looked like he was trying to run through the titles of every romance movie he'd ever seen, so I patted their shoulders and said, "The Notebook."

Each girl at the table - and Jin - nodded in agreement while the guys just stared at us. "You're never leaving my team," Jimin took my arm and hooked it through his. I enjoyed being around him a lot. He was just so relaxed and charming, it was refreshing. He also obviously knew what'd happened between Namjoon and me, so I didn't have to worry about him hitting on me. They surely had some bro code against that, right?

I followed the game intently while Jimin and Jungkook snacked. Everybody here was really smart, which to be completely honest, surprised me a bit, you know athletes and all. Not that it mattered anyway.

"Did you design your tattoos yourself?" I asked Jungkook who was wearing a black t-shirt, showing his arm tattoos, making me wonder if he had them anywhere else. I could see some peeking out of the collar of his shirt.

Whether he was surprised by my question or not, he didn't show it. "Yeah, they're my sketches."

A man of few words, but I didn't mind. Why ramble when you can just say the point. "They look so awesome," I said and he waved it off like it was no big deal. "No, really, I mean it. They are a true work of art."

A light brush crept up his cheeks and he gave me a genuine smile, one that reached his eyes. It made him look more his age, more youthful and full of life.

Jin drew our attention away from the tattoo conversation with a groan at the question Maggie pulled.

What is the capital city of Bulgaria?

A smile formed on my lips. I knew the answer, Jin - very obviously - didn't.

I looked around to see if anyone would be grabbing the chance to answer it. I would have to yell my team name, despite how embarrassing it was since Jimin'd been the one to pick it. Hot Brownies.

I looked to my right to find a pair of chocolate brown eyes staring right at me. The knowing smirk on his lips told me he, too, knew the answer. And I knew exactly why he was looking at me.

We held our breath, broke away from our gazes, and stared at the timer. It went off and so did my shout. "Hot Brownies!" Just as Namjoon shouted, "Best Bros!"

Jin's eyes shifted between the two of us, and as the MC it was his call. I held my breath, suddenly competitive.

"Sorry sis, but Joon was faster," Jin shrugged at me apologetically, and I tried not to scrawl at the victorious smirk on Namjoon's face as I crossed my arms, waiting for him to answer.

Every gaze focused on Namjoon as he stared directly at me, and said, "Sophia."

It was hard fighting the grin that was about to appear on my face, but I managed to say, "He's right," as unimpressed as possible, but deep down I was impressed, so very impressed, I could barely think straight.

---

"You're not driving home like this, Sophie," I smiled at Jin's big-brother tone.

I opened my mouth to talk back, as one would expect a little sister to, but he was right. I drank way too much wine for me to be able to drive home. Besides, the sofa was looking mighty comfortable right now.

"Fine," I groaned and lay back, burying my head into a mountain of pillows. I was going to have such a bad headache in the morning. "Ugh, why did you let me drink so much?" I pointed an accusing finger at Jin and groaned as someone turned on the light in the living room.

I wasn't usually the type to sleep over after a party, but there was no way I was getting up from this sofa. It would be mine for tonight anyway since the others either had their own rooms or they had boyfriends who had their rooms here.

My eyes were beginning to close when a comforting warmth enveloped me. I opened them to find Jin smiling down at me with a knowing smirk and a blanket in his arms. "Night, sis," Jin bent down and kissed my forehead.

"What the hell?" Jin jumped suddenly at a noise coming from the other side of the room, banging his knee into the coffee table. I bit down on my lip to stop myself from laughing. My brother was literally afraid of everything.

"Sorry, just getting comfortable," a mumbled voice came from the other side of the sofa. 

I leaned over and saw a grey lump, only to realise it wasn't just a lump as Jimin popped his head out from underneath the blanket.

"Oh, don't look at me like that," Jimin said as Jin glared at him, "I'm too tired to go upstairs, and besides you'll be able to sleep now, knowing that Sophie isn't alone down here." Jimin threw a sleepy smile my way. 

I was already drifting off to sleep and could barely hear Jin say, "Why on earth do you think that'd be a comforting thing?"

"Dude, you know I'd never try to get with your sister," Jimin replied defensively. And just as I wanted to say I'd never get with one of Jin's friends, sleep thankfully claimed me before I could reveal that I already had.

---

Namjoon

"Dude, you know I'd never try to get with your sister," I heard Jimin say from the living room, stopping me dead in my tracks. I just wanted to get a glass of water before sleep, in hope that the hangover tomorrow wouldn't be too bad when I'd heard voices coming from the living room.

I knew I should have just walked away but I couldn't. I just prayed Jimin wouldn't get too generous with sharing information. He was the only person who knew about Sophie and me and New Years. Hell, he was the one who helped me make things right with her. 

I'd actually expected tonight to be more awkward, but Sophie was nothing but friendly, especially with Jimin. But it wasn't my place, no matter how much I'd wanted her to be sitting that close to me instead of him. At the end of the day I was just thankful we'd gone back to being friends.

"Of course not. You guys know better than to hit on my sister. That's why I trust you to keep her safe, so I guess I am thankful you're sleeping here tonight." I heard Jin say as a knot formed in my stomach.

What would Jin say if he realised I'd already hit on his sister. And done more than just that. He was my best friend and dread spread over my body as I hurried to the kitchen before he could find me standing in the hallway. 

I threw open the fridge and grabbed a cold water. Why was I feeling like someone had just crushed my soul? I'd known after seeing Sophie walk through the door tonight that what I'd felt on New Years hadn't been just the alcohol talking. She was incredible and I wanted her. I'd known I should have kept my distance after I'd realised she was Jin's sister. But I also knew seeing her smile made my day. 

I guessed it didn't matter anymore how I felt. She was my best friend's sister and he'd just said she was off-limits. I wasn't about to betray his trust, although technically I already had but he didn't need to know about that, especially not now.

Despite the sudden ache in my heart, I wasn't going to do anything that could make me lose my best friend. So I vowed to myself, in the dark kitchen, illuminated only by the light coming from the fridge, that Sophie was my friend, and would stay my friend. Only my friend.