Chapter 5.

Sophie

"When are you leaving tonight?" Nina asked me as we exited a store in the city. 

It was six days into the new year and we'd decided we needed some new outfits to start the new year right.

I told her I'd got my midnight kiss and when she found who it had been with, Nina'd almost lost it. I hadn't realised Namjoon was such a popular guy on Campus. But I also hadn't heard from him since that night, so I didn't really have anything else to tell.

"The party starts at seven, although I think it could be called a dinner party if Jin's throwing it," I said, happy to finally see my stepbrother.

"And you're wearing the white blouse?" Nina asked, pointing to the frozen yoghurt stand.

I yielded and followed her, "Yes, and the grey sweater," I said after we ordered.

Nina, as always, ordered it with a thousand chocolatey toppings and I stayed true to my fruit preference.

 "Uh, that grey one is really cute," Nina had to pause because the frozen yoghurt was so cold, "maybe you'll even run into a certain someone." She raised her eyebrows and gave me a little wink.

"Huh?" I asked her while enjoying the sweet flavour of a strawberry, "who?"

Nina's eyes widened for a split second at the utter confusion colouring my face, and then she said, "Sorry, bad joke, he's your brother."

I rolled my eyes at her. She'd known Jin for years and she still wasn't over how handsome he was. "Eat up, I have to get ready."

---

I wasn't sure how big this party at Jin's was supposed to be, so I chose a safe option, suitable both for dinner and a house party.

I threw a grey sleeveless sweater over my loose white blouse and put on some black skinny jeans. Since there was still a lot of snow outside, I put on my Chelsea boots and zipped up my long coat. 

I was driving there myself, so I wouldn't be drinking more than a glass of wine and didn't need to put on much make-up, because my cheeks wouldn't get that red. That's why I'd only put on some eye-liner, mascara, concealer and some red lipstick. 

As soon as I stepped outside, I practically ran to my car, because I didn't want the wind to tangle my hair.

---

When I arrived at Jin's house, the driveway was almost completely parked up. I was thankful my car wasn't big, and I could squeeze it into a free spot.

I guess this was going to be a proper party then.

As I walked up the pathway to Jin's giant house, I remembered I'd be meeting his roommates - or rather housemates - tonight. All that I knew about them was that they all played baseball together and I'd actually met one of them before - Yoongi - when he stayed over at our house once. I couldn't even remember why, probably because I could care less about Jin's friends at that time. Although now it would have been nice to know a familiar face.

I reached the big wooden door and rang the doorbell, fidgeting with the wine bottle in my hand. Red, of course, because Jin was picky about his wine.

I rang it again and the door opened, a welcoming face smiling at me. "Hello," said the guy and stepped aside so I could enter. He was so good-looking it made my head spin.

"Hi," I said back and closed the door behind me.

"We're in the living room," he said and gestured me to follow him.