Chapter 3.

Sophie

"How do I not know you yet?" Namjoon asked me and heat once again rushed to my cheeks.

Why is my dress suddenly feeling so stuffy?

"I just transferred," I explained to him and watched his chocolate brown eyes widen with understanding.

"Where were you studying before?" The genuine curiosity in his voice stunned me a bit, but I tried my best to regain my composure while this gorgeous man was keeping all of his attention on me.

"At Brookfield," I said and explained, "Blueside offers a chance to transfer for a few architecture students every year."

"And you got it," Namjoon nodded as his gaze focused on me again.

I nodded with a proud smile and asked him, desperate to get some of the attention off me. "What's your major?"

Namjoon shrugged, "Law."

I couldn't stop myself as my jaw dropped and my eyebrows raised. "What? Wow, that's awesome?"

He only shrugged again, as if it wasn't a big deal.

"I'm sorry, it's just the way you shrugged like law school was nothing special," I said when I noticed the corners of his mouth turn down.

"Is it though?" Namjoon looked me in the eye, "Anything special?"

"Yes," I breathed, "I wish I could be such a good speaker as lawyers are."

"Well, I wish I was such a good artist as architects are," Namjoon countered and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Fine, you win," I said and continued with a playful tone when I realised what'd just happened, "You've just out-lawyered me!"

Namjoon threw his head back with laughter and I couldn't help the smile that spread on my lips.

When he still didn't wipe the victorious smirk off his face, I rolled my eyes at him and said, "Whatever, I need another drink."

"What are we drinking?" Namjoon asked and before he could make a suggestion I leaned over the counter and grabbed a bottle.

"Tequila," I smiled up at him as he set down the shot glasses.

---

Namjoon

I had never in a million years expected tonight to be so much fun.

Sophie and I have already lost count of the shots we've taken and I haven't laughed this hard in a long time.

"No! What?" Sophie yelled over the music that'd become louder and louder the closer it got to midnight, "You favourite Harry Potter book can't be the fourth one."

"Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is hands down the best one," I yelled back as her expression grew even more outraged.

"The third one is obviously the best," Sophie fired back and pointed a finger at me before I could reply and said, "And don't even try to lawyer your way out of this and simply accept defeat."

And I was dying from laughter again. She opened her mouth again, but I raised my hands and said with a feigned solemn tone, "I letting you have this one."

A smug smile curled her pink lips and she crossed her arms and looked at me expectantly, "Because?"

I looked at her grimly and said, "Because you may or may not be right and the third one is the best."

Sophie clasped her hands together, "Great, now that we have that cleared up," She grabbed the tequila bottle and soon liquid was burning down my throat.

---

Sophie

Namjoon was just pouring us another round when a hand tapped my shoulder.

The kitchen had filled up in the past hour with people who wanted to get some space to talk because the music in the living room was deafening. That also meant that the kitchen was loud because everyone was talking over each other.

That was why I hadn't heard my phone ringing when Nina had called me.

"There you are," she pointed at her phone and all the times she'd called me.

"Sorry, I didn't hear it ringing," I smiled sheepishly.

"It's fine, I just got worried you left," Nina curled her arm around my waist and I could feel her freeze when she realised who'd been talking to.

"Hey," Namjoon said casually and offered Nina a shot-glass, "want one?"

I nudged Nina to get her to stop staring at him and she quickly shook her head no, "I'll just grab another bottle of champagne," she turned her head towards the living room, "I have to get back."

But before Nina left she shot me a look, and raised her eyebrows at me when Namjoon couldn't see and winked before she stalked back to the living room.

Namjoon cleared his throat before he spoke, "That's Matt's girlfriend, right?"

I nodded, "Yeah, Nina's also one of my best friends."

"It's nice that you at least know someone here."

"Mhm," I mumbled just before a commotion happened on my right.

"I'm so sorry," a girl in a red tank top said to me while she was holding up her very drunk friend who was barely standing up and looked like she was seconds from passing out.

I quickly jumped off my stool and said to the girl in the red tank top, "Here, sit her down."

She gave me a thankful smile and I turned back to Namjoon.

"Do you wanna sit down?" Namjoon was getting ready to give me his stool, but I stopped him.

"I'm not wearing heels so I'm fine with standing." Besides, the girl I'd given mine to needed it much more.

At that moment Namjoon's eyes lowered to my white sneakers and slowly raked up my body. They dimmed with each blink and I felt like I might turn to ash by the time they locked with mine.

There was way too much intensity in his gaze and I had to do something before I lost it.

But before I could reach for the bottle, the girl on the stool behind swayed left - directly into my back. I would have fallen over, had I not crushed directly into Namjoon's toned chest.

And before I knew it I was standing so close to him I could again smell his fresh cologne and when his hands curled around my back to make sure I was okay, the whole room around me disappeared.

"You okay?" He asked me and even after I nodded, not daring to actually speak, his hands stayed on my hips.

After I regained myself from the surprise I remembered what'd promised myself for tonight. I can let go, I can just have fun.

I closed my eyes and when I opened them I could feel that Namjoon'd seen the flare in them. I stepped closer, his legs stretched out on either side of me, and leaned into him, enjoying his scent and whispered into his ear, "Want to dance?"