Putter Fantasy - Strike One

summary : you start thinking about making Tom's fantasy come true, but someone else always gets in the way.

words : 10.9k

warnings : golf, teasing, fingering, handjob

~ ⛳️ ~

Strike One

"Tomorrow."

Tom's socks squeak on the floor when he stops in his tracks, on his way into the kitchen.

"What's tomorrow?" he asks. His phone chimes twice in his hands like an echo.

"It's Thursday, innit?"

"Yes, and?"

"And you golf on Thursdays if I'm not mistaken."

"Hmm." Tom blinks at you.

"Am I?" you ask, staring at him blankly. You don't want to express any emotions right now, mostly to catch him off guard. Taking Tom by surprise is always an adventure. Especially when he blinks at you, rapidly, the same way he's doing right now. If he's blinking, it only means you're not getting your point across.

"Tom!" you call out, chuckling at his puzzled expression. "You're going golfing in the morning, am I right?"

"Yeah, yeah, you're right," he says, still blinking, but you guess his confusion comes from the fact that he's still typing on his phone. "I usually go on Thursdays, what do-"

Tom's thumbs stop moving over the screen and he looks up at you. "Oh."

"Yeah." You finally grin, invoking a lewd thought about Tom's hands so that your eyes reflect every speck of pleasure you feel when they touch you. "So, what do you say, champ?"

"You..." he trails off, clearing his throat while twirling his phone in his hands. Only once, though. "Wanna go golfing with me tomorrow?"

You shrug. "Why not?"

"I'll have to go really early, though," he says, stepping aside when your mutual roommate, Harrison, a stylish blonde bloke that you've always known as Tom's best friend, walks by. Tom mutters a quick "hey bro" in his direction before he turns back to you. "I have that conference call with my agents before lunch, you know? Do you still wanna go?"

"I don't see why not." You shrug again.

"What happened to that house rule about never waking you up before 9 or you'll bust our balls?" Tom asks, grinning.

"Ah, well," you put in with a scoff. "Things change, Tom."

He 'ah!'s loudly at what you say as you get up from your seat on the couch. You've just finished watching a couple of episodes of your current obsession, having turned it off after Harrison came over to ask what you wanted to order in for dinner.

Speaking of, the annoying ghoul-cry-like bell rings, and Harrison waltzes back across the room armed with his phone and quick steps. He's been complaining about being hungry for about an hour, but honestly? You've been listening to him complain about being hungry practically every hour of every day since you moved in, so you barely pay attention to what he really says about it now.

"Where are you going tomorrow?" he asks on his way to the front door, looking over his shoulder.

Tom's next chuckle gets trapped in his throat before he says, "Oh, mate, she wants to go golfing with me tomorrow, can you imagine that?"

"Golfing?!" Harrison bellows without even looking your and Tom's way, but you can very well hear him laughing.

"Hey!" you huff, rolling your eyes at Tom since your other roommate is nowhere in sight at the moment.